Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Casserole

Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
Note to my children: This is it!

This is excellent for a fancy brunch with muffins and fruit,
or even a "breakfast for supper" evening!
The flavor reminds me of a quiche without the crust!

1 lb. pork sausage
8 eggs
10 slices wheat bread, cubed
3 c milk
2 c shredded medium cheddar cheese
2 c sliced mushrooms
2 T flour
1 T mustard
2 t basil
½ t salt

Brown sausage, drain and blot with paper towel to remove excess fat. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed heavily with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes until set.

~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura