Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Family's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe



Momma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

*


Cream the following together in a large bowl:



1 cup of butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 cup dark brown sugar

*


Add:

2 eggs, beaten


Beat until fluffy.


*

In another bowl, combine:


3 cups of all purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda


Add dry to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.

*

Add:

12 oz Ghiradelli, Hershey's, or Toll House chocolate chips

*


Bale at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes depending on whether you like them soft or crispy.

*


I've been making these cookies since I was in high school. We won't discuss how many years that's been! We've tried other recipes, but this one is our favorite. You can use other chocolate chips. We originally used Toll House. We sometimes used Hershey's dark chocolate chips, too. But, if you ask me, the Ghiradelli's are the richest. That's what we like about chocolate, isn't it? ~smile~ OH, do not substitute margarine. You really must use real butter, or you just won't enjoy them nearly as much.

*



Blessings to you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Thankful to Be Momma at Home




1 comment:

  1. I love a good chocolate chip cookie...it's the one cookie I have a hard time getting right. I will have to try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura