Monday, June 2, 2008

My Day Book





Outside my window... it looks a little drab. I can't tell if it's clouds or that the sun hasn't appeared over the horizon yet.



I am thinking... I have much to do this morning. I've let the laundry pile up. I'm going to get my little kiddles started with lessons again. My oldest is taking a government class at the high school and weight lifting. I'm actually wishing I could go back to bed!
I am thankful that... I have a houseful of family sleeping peacefully.


From the kitchen... My Emily's making her choice for breakfast. I'll make homemade bread for lunch and beef stew for dinner.


I am wearing... my white cotton nightgown, bare feet, and sleep in my eyes. ~smile~


I am creating... another washcloth. I also need to make a menu today.


I am going... to the library and to the YMCA today.


I am reading... Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. I'm anxious to get this read. ~Tee Hee~ I've actually read some other things since I started this. I need to focus. ~smile~


I am hoping... for a miracle. The job that I wrote about fell through. We've been living on God's miraculous provision since last November. My husband's unemployment checks will end in another week. Once again, we're nearly to the end of our resources. BUT GOD.... will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory. Philippians 4:19
I am hearing... the hum of the fan and of the computer. Everything else is blessed quiet.


Around the house... everyone is asleep except my oldest son, who's at school, and my little white dog.


One of my favorite things... I love the smell of the air after a rain shower.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week... menus, catch up laundry, list items in my shop, start exercising at the YMCA, church, more yard sale preparations. Yes, I'm still working on it. ~grin~ I'm sure there are many things. I'm still thinking. Regular life sure does keep me busy enough though!


My Picture Thought....



My Michael with his new haircut and a new library book.



Now go check out the other Day Book entries at our hostess Peggy's blog, The Simple Woman.


God bless!


Laura

1 comment:

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor