Monday, November 3, 2008

I Thank God... Day 3

I thank God for my 4th and 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Higgs. Mrs. Higgs was my teacher at the time of America's Bicentennial celebration. Mrs. Higgs introduced us to many different things that I've enjoyed over the years, embroidery, needlepoint, macrame, Laura Ingalls Wilder, reading for pleasure, butter making, and she inspired an interest in the way the old timers made do with what they had. She helped me to develop my trait of making it myself. It's been many years now. I've forgotten most of my teachers; but, I thank God for Mrs. Pamela Higgs. There was a reason I kissed her good-bye each day as I left school.

Laura
Strolling Memory Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor