Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Battle Plan for Colds


Last week I had my first cold of the season. I battled hard with the symptoms as soon as they started. I used the following things from my arsenal. I also drank lots of liquids and rested as much as possible.

For the cold:
echinacea and golden seal 3x day
elderberry drops 3x day
I cut up pieces of garlic and swallowed them like a pill a few times a day.

For general health/immune system:
2 T apple cider vinegar in glass of water 3x day (Bragg's)
Kombucha tea 8 oz a day


I didn't have an earache. However, for ears, I peel a clove of garlic and put it inside the outer hollow portion of the ear. I cover it with a bandaid to hold it in. Then we just leave it in as long as we can stand it. It works as a natural anti-biotic. We have found it helpful for my Emily's earaches.

I hope this helps you. Unusual ingredients can usually be found in a health food store.
God bless your family with good health and healing,
Laura


1 comment:

  1. That's pretty much how I handle a cold too, love the natural ways! Hope your feeling better soon, great minds again! I loved the story about Annie, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura