Saturday, July 2, 2011

Book Review: The Quotable Rogue... The Ideals of Sarah Palin in Her Own Words...Matt Lewis







  Being a conservative Republican, as well as a mom, Sarah Palin really caught my attention when she was chosen as the Republican vice-presidential nominee back in 2008.  She was a very straight forward tell-it-like-it-is speaker.  I found her manner to be very refreshing.  Mrs. Palin has been quoted and misquoted innumerable times over the last few years.  Mr. Matt Lewis has sifted through numerous sources for quotes that show Mrs. Palin's views on thirty-two different topics including abortion, President Barak Obama, civil rights, economics, health care, the environment, immigration reform, the war in Iraq, taxes, national security and terrorism, the GOP, the Tea Party Movement, and a number of more personal things like family, faith, Tina Fey, running for office, and just being Sarah.  The final chapter is full of quotes of what others have said about Mrs. Palin. 

   The quotes are well-organized and well-documented.  After reading this book, I believe that I understand her politics, her values, and her beliefs much better.  I wish that a book like this were available for every political candidate prior to elections.  Of all the quotes, I still like the one from her Republican National Convention speech in Minneapolis on September 3, 2008 the best.  I think a lot of moms, not just hockey moms, can relate when we think about defending our children.

"The difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?

Lipstick."

   I consider this to be a thought provoking book that should be read by liberals and conservatives alike.  I give it four stars.

   Matt Lewis is senior contributor to The Daily Caller.


I received this book from Book Sneeze for free in exchange for an honest review.
Shared with:


3 comments:

  1. I always loved Palin even more after watching her 6 TV episodes on her life in Alaska, she'd make a great president! I respect her alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book and a great way to get to the real Sarah Palin. Found you through the Cozy Book Hop http://georgielee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to read about people we "know" through TV - this would be a fun book I'm guessing. Thank you for sharing it with Cozy Book Hop

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura