Saturday, July 23, 2011

Not a Fan... Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman

 Am I truly committed to following Jesus no matter what, no matter where, no matter when, no matter the cost?   Kyle Idleman really "messed with my mind".  He provoked me to think and pray and consider not only what I believe and who I believe, but what I'm willing to do about what I believe and Who I believe.  Am I a fan who goes to church, dresses right, talks right, smiles right, and just seems nice and church ladyish?  Or... am I truly a committed, sold out, follower of Jesus Christ?  Is it about what I do or about my relationship with He who first loved me so much He did what had to be done to ensure my salvation? 

Jesus isn't really interested in fans.  He wants followers who will truly be the bride of Christ... who will be just that committed and more.  

There have been very few books, very few books indeed, that have had such an impact on me as this book has.  Not a Fan, by Kyle Idleman, is unlike any other book I've read.  I was consistently challenged from the first chapter.   This is not a light read.  You will be challenged.  But...you must be challenged.  This is the most important book I've read, other than my Bible itself, for a very long time.  I'm going to have my husband and my older kids read it as well.

My name is Laura Lane,
and
I am not a fan.
**************
I received this book free from Zondervan in exchange for a truthful and honest review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I mean it.  You have got to read this book!

2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    This is the 2nd post I've read today about this book....I'm definitely getting it! Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I know we haven't talked in a while, but I noticed your blog, and I have to say that my mom shares a lot of these views. I am not as active as I used to be with church and all but I think that I will now have to get the book for my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura