Welcome

Harvest Lane Cottage is a place to find encouragement, and hopefully, be inspired to do, read, write, or cook something wonderful. Most importantly, I want to share my love for Jesus Christ with you. He is the center of my life, the center of who I am. No, I'm not perfect. I fail, I fall, I'm tempted, but I keep going back to the One who makes me clean again.

Relax, enjoy yourself, be refreshed. Then, please leave me a comment. I love it when my readers "talk back". I won't tell your momma, I promise!

Laura Lane

Happy in my Jesus and in my home.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Review: Falling to Pieces Vanetta Chapman



Ever picked up a book and didn't want to put it down?  Falling to Pieces is one of those books.  Just look at the trailer that Zondervan made for Mrs. Chapman's book.


This trailer definitely got my interest.  I couldn't wait to order the book.  This is the first Amish mystery book that I've read.  To my surprise, I truly giggled aloud several times while reading this book. Amusing phrases were sprinkled throughout the book providing a little levity at sporadic intervals.  I just wanted to say, "Listen to this!" over and over.  This was not met with much enthusiasm by my children who were already reading their own books. 

Characters:

Aunt Daisy, owner of Daisy's Quilt Shop, loved by Amish and Englishers alike.
Callie, Daisy's niece who inherits the Quilt shop.  She's haunted by her past.  She wants to sell the store and return to Houston.
Deborah, Amish lady who brings quilts to Callie to sell on ebay.  She becomes Callie's good friend.
Shane, a hard-nosed detective investigating a murder
and a cast of memorable characters

In a nutshell, Callie comes to Shipshewana to settle her Aunt Daisy's estate.  A realtor convinces to open the quilt shop to make it more attractive to potential buyers.  Deborah shows up with three quilts she wants Callie to sell on ebay in order to make a higher profit.  A snoopy rude man shows up in the shop.  The snoopy rude man... oops!  Almost spoiled it. 

This book has unexpected twists and turns just like any good mystery should.  The odd thing is, you know who done it from the beginning.  And yet, you don't.  He's ruthless and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.  Can he be stopped before another victim is found?

This is my must-read of October!

I received this book from Zondervan in exchange for an honest review.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." 
May I suggest? 
Review:  A Perfect Square
Review:  Material Witness

Shared with:


3 comments:

Jaclyn Hicks said...

Sounds like a wonderful book!!

Deb said...

I just put it on hold at the library, I LOVE the internet.......

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

I'm a little behind, but sounds like a good book! :-) Thanks for the review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Most Popular Posts