Friday, October 14, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...  Suddenly... my eldest son took a job with NCR traveling state-to-state cleaning cash registers for Wal-Mart.  I had about four hours from the time he told me about it until the time he left. 
In our homeschool this week...
We've been working on getting a schedule down.  We're doing much better.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share...
Require children to read an hour a day every day even on Christmas.  Start with half an hour a day when the children are very young and build from there.  Even if they're just looking at pictures, they're building the habit of books.
I am inspired by...
beautiful music.  I'm listening to "Sonata For Violin & Continuo In A Major, Op. 2/2, Rv 31: II. Corrente" by Antonio Vivaldi on Pandora right now.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We're going to the Maple Leaf Festival in Carthage, Mo this weekend.  We'll likely see lots of folks we know.
My favorite thing this week was...
getting together with old and new friends at my homeschool support group.  We all went out for pie. 
What's not working for us...
clutter.  I'm still trying to eradicate it.
Questions/thoughts I have...
I'm wondering if I'm losing readers because I've been writing so many reviews lately.  I know my numbers are increasing; but, I don't want to lose anyone. 
I'm reading...
Raising Real Men and Educationg the Wholehearted Child
I'm cooking...
I'll be making a batch of my family's favorite cookies.  I've made these since I was about ten.  I don't even know where I originally got the recipe.  I just know everyone loves them.
I'm grateful for...
a canoe!  Michael's been working with a man at our church on some projects and just getting to be good friends.  He's like a grandpa to Michael.  He suprised Michael with it Thursday evening.
I'm praying for...
my son, Matthew, as he ventures out into the world.  The pain in my arm to ease and then disappear.  Yes, it's my left arm.  No, it's not my heart.  I saw the doctor yesterday.  He gave me a fancy word for tennis elbow.  All I know is the pain radiates and up and down my arm from my elbow.  Ow!
A photo to share...
The sky in Joplin, Missouri immediately after the tornado.
May 22, 2011

~~~~~
May I suggest? 
~~~~~


2 comments:

  1. Glad to find a blogger near me! From Independence KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Matthew, how exciting! ;) Enjoy the Missouri fall! I think we are closer to winter, lows right at freezing......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor