Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: Three Cups

Three Cups  A Lesson in Life and Money for Children

Story by Tony Townsley
Written by Mark St. Germain
Illustrated by April Willy

Give, save, spend.  Three things that we as adults need to do.  Three things that we as adults need to teach the children in our lives.  This is a beautifully illustrated book that teaches children how to use the money that they receive in a responsible way.  A young boy receives a gift of three cups from his father and mother.  They are labeled give, save, and spend.  The father promises adventure and an allowance.  The story of how the boy grows and uses the cups follows.   The adventure comes in those things which his discipline allows him to do with the money. 
My children are aged 10, 12, and 14.  Father read this book aloud to the family.  The older children thought it was a nice book.  My youngest thought it was wonderful.  She wants cups of her own.  The child in the story was five years old when he received his cups.  I think that five to ten year olds would enjoy this book.  It is, however, certainly applicable to older children as well.  I really enjoyed this book.  I will read it aloud again to my children, perhaps many times to my youngest.  I think you and your young children will enjoy it as well.

 You can click on Read below to enjoy a preview of the book from Thomas Nelson.I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    This sounds like a book I'd like to have for a family read aloud too. Thanks for sharing the review!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura