Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: A Promise of Hope by Amy Clipston

Secrets, betrayal, lies, fears, and restless nights all revolve around Peter, Sarah's husband, who died in a fire.  Inner struggles arise when Luke comes to Bird-in-Hand to find his relative Peter.  Who is Luke, really?  Who was Peter, really?  Can Sarah trust either man?  Was her marriage a fake?

Sarah Troyer is reeling from the shock of losing her husband in a fire while carrying his first child twins.  DeLana is mystified when Peter's letters stop abruptly.  What is her connection to Peter, an Amish man?  Luke's father has died leaving Luke determined to find Peter and reconnect with family only to find that Peter claimed to be an orphan.  Norman, a fine Amish widower hopes to help Sarah through the grieving process and a bit more.

Set in quaint Lancaster County among buggies and a plain Amish life, A Promise of Hope, Amy Clipston has continued the character development of the Kauffman family and friends in this the second book of the Kauffman Amish Bakery Series.  The first was A Gift of Grace.

I really enjoy Amy Clipston's style of writing.  My teacher in high school used to say, "Don't tell me, show me."  I think Mrs. Clipston is excellent at drawing word pictures.  Thanks for another great book!
       
*I received this book from Zondervan in exchange for an honest review.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

3 comments:

  1. I have read this series of books. I enjoy Amish fiction, some more than others. This is a good series. To me though, no one tops Beverly Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely review! Merry Christmas! Sincerely, Amy Clipston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready to read this series, Amy. Thinking I might get it for Christmas! If not, will be heading for the Library,

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura