Friday, February 24, 2012

Review: The Circle Maker



"Would knowing that your prayers will be answered change the way you pray? In The Circle Maker, Pastor Mark Batterson shares powerful insights from the true legend of Honi the Circle Maker, a believer who prayed miracles would happen to the people of God—and then they fell from the heavens like rain. Honi and Mark Batterson will help you bring your God-given dreams into being through bold, tenacious prayers that honor God and make the impossible come true.

Description:   According to Pastor Mark Batterson in his book, The Circle Maker, “Drawing prayer circles around our dreams isn’t just a mechanism whereby we accomplish great things for God. It’s a mechanism whereby God accomplishes great things in us.”  

My thoughts on the book....

An intriguing thought... drawing circles around your prayers.  What could it mean?  I have been praying for people and things in my life for years.  Sometimes I see results; sometimes I don't.  I keep on praying.  Why?  Who else would I turn to for help but to the almighty and all powerful God who loves me so.  Still, there is a desire to be more purposeful and effective in my prayers.

The Circle Maker is about dreaming and praying for things bigger than you ever have.  It's about not limiting God.  It's about miracles. 

This is the most exciting book on prayer that I've ever read.  I'm going to keep reading it and reading it until I really get it.  Our family is very involved with the Joplin Tornado Relief and Rebuilding effort with Joplin Family Worship Center.  We have prayed and made ourselves available for God's use.  He has done amazing things.  He has given us a vision for even bigger things.  I'm going to circle those visions in prayer and watch to see what the Lord will do.  Truly, we will say yes to the bless!

I want to thank Mark Batterson and Zondervan for making this concept come alive to me in a bigger way than ever before.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me;
but,
God can do exceedingly abundantly more than I can think or ask.

Truly, we will say yes to the bless!

I consider this a must read book.

I received this book from Zondervan in exchange for an honest review.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a really sweet book! It might be something good to share with others. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura