Monday, February 13, 2012

Housekeeping Monthly Advice 1955



It seems like an impossible list. Some things may be outdated; but, wouldn't our husbands be happier?

Maybe incorporating a few of these suggestions would make us happier, too.  The point being to put our focus on our husbands and their needs and comfort.  Our husbands are our first priority.  God said so when he made us to be helpmeets.  I needed this reminder today.

Have a blessed day and bless your husband today!

Linking with:
Monday   Modest Mondays -  The Art of Homemaking    -  A Mama's Story Tuesday Tuesdays with a Twist

Home and Garden Thursday I Choose Joy -  Imparting Grace - Hearts for Home Thursdays - All Things Thursday -   Homeacre Hop Brambleberry Cottage - Share Your up Thursday Serving Joyfully  - Home Sweet Home  (2)

7 comments:

  1. I started doing a few of these things a couple years ago, and found MY spirits lifted as well just knowing he was coming home to a "cleaner" house (we have twin toddlers, so it will never be "clean"). Love reading this kind of stuff--thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read "The Proper Feeding and Care of Husbands"? It's of a similar theme; really opened my eyes. One of the most mocked items on this list - freshening up and putting a ribbon in your hair - is supported by her. She says that women want their husbands to be romantic, but they don't bother with their appearance. This is the equivalent to a man buying flowers. True I think and I've started to take it to heart.
    mrsdbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,

    I read it a hundred years ago. ~smile~

    I'll stop by your blog in a bit.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I was born in 53. Wonder if my mom tried to do all of these? She was pretty amazing either way! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard telling Jann. There was a lot of pressure on women then just as now. It was just different pressure.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathryn,
    I should keep my focus better. ~smile~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how different things were back then. Although I agree with some of them and try to incorporate them. I had to laugh at the one to not say anything about him being out all night. I'm afraid also I couldn't light a fire if I needed to!
    So fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura