Sunday, April 15, 2012

Review: A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston

 
Goodness gracious!  He said, she said, I saw, what if?  Many a relationship has been plagued by talking but not listening, assuming and presuming but not inquiring and listening, withdrawal or running rather staying and working it out. 

A Place of Peace opens with a phone call that changes Miriam Lapp's life.  Loss overshadows loss as she returns to her hometown after four years.  After a tragedy, she left behind her family, her Amish community, and the man she loves.  Loves- present tense.  Then she gets a call from her sister.  Miriam's mother has died.  She goes home; but, her father, sister, and brother won't speak to her or allow her in their home.  A maiden aunt takes her in.  Everything seems so wrong.  Until she sees him across the room.  Their eyes speak volumes; but, he's with another young woman and Miriam escapes.  He follows only to find her speaking with another young man.  It all just gets so mixed up.  A little help from well meaning relatives sometimes complicates things.  Oh, you'll just have to read this one.  There's no way to really share it without giving it all away.  This is the third in the Kauffman Amish Bakery series.  I enjoyed it.
A little honesty, clarity and a whole lot of listening go a long way in a relationship! 

Amy Clipston is the author of the bestselling Kauffman Amish Bakery novels. She has a degree in communications from Virginia Wesleyan College and currently works for the city of Charlotte, North Carolina. Amy lives with her husband, two sons, and four spoiled-rotten cats. 

Disclaimer:  I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post today. Thank you for sharing and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura