Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: Heritage History Ancient Greece

Photobucket
We've hit on a winner!  Michael, 12, has spent hours, yes hours, happily reading Ancient Greek history books for this review.  He's read seven so far!  Michael has an interest in Greek history and Greek mythology.  This made Heritage History Ancient Greece an excellent choice for our family. 

PhotobucketHeritage History Ancient Greece computer CD is jam packed with old history books and stories.  They are divided into three levels.......................  I had Michael begin with the first level.  He will continue to read his way through all of the levels.  It may take him awhile; but, given his interest in history, it will be worth it.  I really like it.  Why?  Because I don't have to tell him to read his history.  He says, "It actually has good books." 

The only negative we found, in Michael's words, "It's kind of hard to read on the computer because I'm not used to it. There's a lot of misspellings, so if they go back and fix them, it'd be good."  I explained to him that spellings have changed over the years.  These are old books. 
All in all, I think that this is one of the best resources I've reviewed this year.  It's definitely worth your time to take a look at it.

*October 2012 update:  Michael continues to enjoy these books.  He's now read all of the primary and intermediate level books.  Not bad for a thirteen year old.

PhotobucketAncient Greece  $24.99 CD
The Ancient Greece collection covers Greek history from the earliest days of myth and legend, through the Golden age of Athens, to the Greco-Roman Era. Of special interest to older students is a selection of simplified classics based on the works of renowned poets, historians and playwrights. 
Includes 46 book, 50+ maps, teaching aids, and a study guide

The World History collection includes: Young Readers, Ancient Rome, Middle Ages, and British Empire.
You can purchase all five for $99.99.

Each CD includes a curriculum user guide, many study aids and study guides, and electronic books. 

Specials:

Curriculum CD and Printed Study Guide

Photobucket












Disclaimer: As a member of the TOS Crew, I received this product, at no cost to me, in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura