Monday, September 24, 2012

Pinned It Made It Monday! Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and Salsa



Okay, I just didn't get photos taken in time; but, I wanted to share these pins from Pinterest.  I made them both a couple of weeks ago.  Can we say sooooo delicious with just the right bite?  There's only one problem.  They were so good, we've used half of the jelly and all of the salsa!  No problem with the jelly, I still have some on the vine, though each batch takes 24, count them, 24 peppers.  No luck on the salsa.  Our tomato plants gave up and gave out.  Even with our daily watering, the drought was just too much for them. 

So, here are this week's "good pins" with a note on the additions I made to the Salsa.  Have a blessed week.  I'm linking with Tammy at Country Girl at Home for her Pinned It Made It Monday.  She has a blog.  Do drop in and say hi.  Tell her Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage sent you.

Jalapeno Jelly from the Bait Shop Boys
I removed the salsa recipe since the original recipe has been removed from the website.





May I suggest...

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Laura,

    Both of those are just my taste....love spicy things. I've never tried making my own salsa and our tomatoes gave up too. :( My dad brought home some jalapeno pepper jelly from someone at work with the recipe. It looks similiar to this and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing! I really want to make my own salsa someday! I go through so much of it! lol!

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday.

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love this on a hotdog ;-) visiting thru Pinned It Made It Monday party
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pins sound wonderful, I love spice. I understand the picture taking part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man this drought! Your jellies look delicious!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jelly and salsa looks delicious--and I'm sure it was!! :) I love salsa! I would love to make my own.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura