Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review: 'This Is Your Kingdom Come Now'


Vineyard Worship
THIS IS YOUR KINGDOM COME NOW - featuring Casey Corum & Friends
Live from the Sugar Land Vineyard
(releases Tuesday, 10/2)
Album Bio
This dynamic new album features veteran worship leader and songwriter Casey Corum and a cast of friends recorded before a full house over two nights at Corum's home church. Listeners will also be introduced to the powerful voices of Torri Baker (Vineyard Church - Columbus, Ohio) and Crispin Schroeder (Northshore Vineyard - Covington, Louisiana), as well as a 17-voice gospel choir. Threads of R&B, gospel, and modern rock are woven together to create a fresh sound while, at the same time, being deeply rooted in the hallmark Vineyard worship value of intimacy with God.

My thoughts:
I had the definite impression that the musicians and singers were truly praising and worshipping Jesus as they made this album.  I truly appreciate that quality.  It didn't sound like a performance.  It sounded like I was in church.

This album had a nice mix of styles.  It's definitely contemporary.  I can imagine several of the songs being sung in churches across the country.   Form Us was particularly worshipful.  It's a song of submission asking the Lord to have his way is us.  "Come form your heart in us, Jesus your heart."  A few of the songs were a bit on the loud side for me, but that shows my middle age. ~smile~

I think this album will have wide appeal. It reminds me of the way praise and worship is at our church.  It is upbeat, somewhat loud praise music at the start that gradually transitions into worshipful, calmer music as the album continues. 

I don't buy albums very often.  Would I buy this one? Well, probably not. Just because I tend to like calm worshipful music to help me draw close to God.  Does that mean I didn't enjoy it?  No.  In fact, if you like lots of guitar and percussion, you probably will like this. Here's a YouTube video sneak preview of one of the songs, Your Love Has Rescued Me.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

32 comments:

  1. My favorite is contemporary praise and worship.
    pkildow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Contemporary Christian music and praise and worship music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have heard great things about vineyard albums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is contemporary Christian also! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all, but especially old traditional hymns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like contemporary christian
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Third Day, Casting Crown, Matthew West, ec. Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite style of music is Contemporary Christian.
    Kathy Davis
    kdavis1@centurytel.net

    PS I am from West Plains, MO. Believe it or not, I am wearing my "HOPE for Joplin T-shirt" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FB fan as Kathy Newsom Davis
    Kathy Davis
    kdavis1@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite music is country. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all music but my favorite is rock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love praise and worship, contemporary and hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have really been enjoying Classical music lately!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite genre is rock and/or contemporary. I love the upbeat tempo of Hillsong

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like folk music.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) comtiti

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love so many styles of music. I love Skillet and Third Day the best.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like all types of music and find that it depends on my mood on any particular day what I'm craving. I like contemporary praise and hymns alike.
    havenera at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like alittle bit of everything except rap and classical.Thanks for the cool giveaway! :)
    tigers3450@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praise and worship,Christan Rock

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well recipes are a great thing to see what others do and I found a Frugal Jelly that I commented on here--http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4659572515687798778&postID=688544004847356218&page=1&token=1349388280695&isPopup=true--- so then I went over to Sue's hmmmmm, interesting

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like country music & of course Christian praise music. This cd sounds amazing. Would love to win it! Thanks for the chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is good except new country. Randy Travis is good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am very into Contemporary Christian and lead worship at my church most Sundays. This sounds like a lot of fun!

    Thanks!

    Tiffers77@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura