Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Review: Kyle Sherman Album 'Hear Me'




Fort Worth-based singer-songwriter Kyle Sherman recently signed on as the flagship artist to brand new label RayLynn Records, an opportunity that presented itself during a time period when a record deal wasn't even on his radar.

"It's crazy how God works," Kyle says. 'Five years ago, I pushed pretty hard to do my own thing as a singer-songwriter, but every well I approached would dry up. It clearly wasn't the right time." So Kyle continued on a path of leading worship, taking a full-time role as worship leader at Lifechurch.TV's Fort Worth campus under the leadership of renowned pastor/author Craig Groeschel.

Just 3-years later Kyle made it back to Nashville, pouring his heart into a microphone at Sony studio with veteran producer and country singer-songwriter Mark Collie making his first album. God is faithful. Hear Me, the result of those sessions, is an eclectic and authentic mix of rootsy, southern soul.

There are 13 songs included:
Hear Me
Come To Me
Fountains
He Prayed For Me
All New Things (Hallelujah)
Heaven
Build It On The Rock
One True Friend
New Life
You Are The Only One
The Greatest Tear
Healing Coming Down
Come To Me- Original Version

My Thoughts:
I just like this album.  My middle-aged ears have a problem with much of contemporary Christian music not because of the lyrics or voices but because of the percussion in the backround.  I don't find that problem with 'Hear Me'.   There is a pleasing blend of voice and instruments.  The guitar music enhances the uplifting lyrics and his pleasant singing voice.  I think that this album will cross the generations quite well.  Honestly, I think the best recommendation for the album is for you to listen to some clips yourself.  See if you enjoy it as much as I have.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

22 comments:

  1. My favorite artist(s) at the moment is Casting Crowns. I love how they don't' shy away from the issues in the church today, and really challenge us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Garth Brooks and Rascal Flatts. I love country! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on your review of "A Perfect Word for Every Occasion" by Liz Duckworth. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Kelly Clarkson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to listen to many artists but my favorite is Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jars of Clay and Casting Crowns, but there is many more--thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casting Crowns and Jars of Clay even if they are no longer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also made a comment on the Pilgrim studies here--http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4659572515687798778&postID=595353984900716152&page=1&token=1350493596089&isPopup=true

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Jackie Evancho's music.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Kari Jobe.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Third Day
    Kathy Davis
    kdavis1@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow Harvest Lane Cottage on Facebook as Kathy Newsom Davis.
    Kathy Davis
    kdavis1@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Josh Turner's music. He's a country singer and has some good Christian songs (Me and God, Long Black Train, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sara Evans, Rascal Flatts, and Casting Crowns!
    ~Liz N.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Casting Crowns and Jason Crabb and Crabb Family! Really, anything southern gospel too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Chris Tomlin. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I live in West Plains, where are you?
    Kathy Davis
    kdavis1@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Right now been loving Luke Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like Citizen Cope.. but singer would have to be Elvis.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura