Monday, October 15, 2012

Review: A Perfect Word for Every Occasion by Liz Duckworth



Sometimes you just feel awkward.  What do you say?  You really care, but, well, you know.  Words escape you.  I've faced that situation more than once.  A Perfect Word for Every Occasion is categorized by many events and occasions beginning with the hardest of all- funerals and condolences.  The organization makes it a valuable reference book.  It is a quick read packed with the dos and don'ts of 21st century etiquette for written communications and in person talk as well.  I'll be using this book for inspiration in writing more snail mail notes.  In fact, I was inspired to make some note cards to do just that.  I think that this is a good addition to our home library. 

Liz Duckworth is the author of critically acclaimed books such as Wildflower Living and Ragtail Remembers. With almost twenty years of experience in the Christian publishing field, Liz heads up Liz Duckworth Publishing Services. She lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado, with her husband and two sons.








I received this free book from Bethany House in exchange for an honest review. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this recommendation! This sounds perfect!!!! I am often at a loss for words with funerals and such. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura