Monday, November 26, 2012

Review: Every Perfect Gift by Dorothy Love


Ethan and Sophie long to share a future together. But the secrets they're not sharing could tear them apart.
Sophie Caldwell has returned to Hickory Ridge, Tennessee, after years away. Despite the heartaches of her childhood, Sophie is determined to make a home, and a name, for herself in the growing town. A gifted writer, she plans to resurrect the local newspaper that so enchanted her as a girl.
Ethan Heyward's idyllic childhood was shattered by a tragedy he has spent years trying to forget. An accomplished businessman and architect, he has built a majestic resort in the mountains above Hickory Ridge, drawing wealthy tourists from all over the country.
When Sophie interviews Ethan for the paper, he is impressed with her intelligence and astounded by her beauty. She's equally intrigued but fears he will reject her if he learns about her shadowed past. Just as she summons the courage to tell him, Ethan's own past unexpectedly and violently catches up with him, threatening not only his life but their budding romance.
Book 3 in Dorothy Love's Hickory Ridge Romance series.

My thoughts:
This is a delightful Christmassy book with all the charm of an independent young woman out to prove herself and a successful, handsome man whose thoughts have been enveloped by work. Then he meets the reporter. The sparkles of interest were barely contained as their eyes met. Still, they were wary of each other. After all, something was going on at the resort that seemed odd to Sophie. Sophie, in turn, could be a threat to Ethan if she wrote something untoward. They are both hiding something as well. Add Ethan's unexpected visitor from the past, and it all becomes quite an interesting read. The writing is warm and easy to read. I should point out that I didn't have the opportunity to read the first two books of this series prior to reading this book. I had no problem following the story. Mrs. Love brought me up to the minute with no trouble. Well done.

Meet Dorothy:
 An accomplished author in the secular market, Dorothy Love makes her inspirational fiction debut with her Hickory Ridge series of historicals set in her native South. Her skillful blending of the historical and the personal reflect her passion for discovering the histories of ordinary people who accomplished extraordinary things and set her apart as an authoritative voice of Southern historical fiction.  Find out more about Dorothy at http://dorothylovebooks.com/
Purchase a copy. 
Read more reviews at Litfuse.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Shared with:
Cozy Book Hop

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    Just dropping in to thank you for taking time to read EVERY PERFECT GIFT and post a review. I'm delighted you enjoyed Sophie's story.

    Wishing you and yours a lovely holiday season.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was going to read this book just a week ago and figured I'd shelf it for awhile... now I might have to bump it up again...

    thanks for linking up again!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura