Thursday, November 15, 2012

TOS Review: Vocal Coach

We had the opportunity to review the downloadable version of Vocal Coach Singer singing system.

From the Vocal Coach:

"Vocal Coach product doesn't teach a particular style, rather we teach you to master the principles of vocal muscle memory, which cause critical body parts to produce excellent sound, amplification, and control with increased stamina to predictably deliver the results you want! Before you know it, you'll be able to apply what you've learned to any style you want to sing. Just like a well-conditioned athlete often has the ability to play many different sports, a well-trained singer has the potential to sing many different styles."

The Vocal Coach Singer Training CD’s include the following lessons and tips:
7 Training CDs:
  • Getting Started
  • Complete Breathing
  • Complete Warm-Up
  • Complete Tone
  • Complete Expanding Your Range
  • Complete Diction
  • Complete Performance
4 Workout CDs:
  • Daily Workout High Voice 1 & 2
  • Daily Workout Medium/Low Voice 1 & 2
Plus:
  • Guidebook – Full-size Instructional Guidebook to Ensure Success
  • Printable Lead Sheets – each exercise in our course, plus track lists
  • Personal Singer’s Journal (Getting Started Journal & Workout Journal) to Track Your Progress
  • Vocal Coach Song Evaluation – Evaluation form to enable you to make more intelligent song selections


CDs: $119.99
My thoughts:

We received the mp3 downloads for review.  The zip files are quite large so they took awhile to download for me.  Your internet might be faster.  My husband had to extract them, because I was clueless how to do it.  After my rather rocky start in getting it set up on the computer, it was easy.

Easy start- Emily was able to just click on the first download, Getting Started, and begin on her own. I heard her practicing with some funny sounding syllables la la la and such.  She continued on to the Complete Breathing, Complete Warm-Up, and Complete Tone exercises.  The Beattys suggest using these exercises on a regular basis while going on to the other exercises as well.  Emily is working through the mp3 downloads on her own.  In the process, we found that Emily is actually a soprano rather than an alto. What a surprise! 

Emily has a beautiful voice, so I am excited to see how it continues to develop as she uses this curriculum.  I've already noticed that her voice sounds richer and fuller as she practices.  I'd love to be able to take her to voice lessons, but this may even be better.  She can review as much as needed.  I should have downloaded the guidebook earlier.  I think her practices would have been more organized.  The truth is, I'm a bit technologically delayed and didn't find them right away. 

It taught her how to use posture and how to use her breathing.  It will help her to enunciate better.  It will help her with song choices.  This is important because she will compete in Teen Talent during the spring.  She does wish it had been a bit more personalized to what she needs to do for her voice type. 

Additional helps:
The Blog to keep good practices in mind.
Tips for Daily Worship
Free Resources
Homeschool Tips and Suggestions
Personal Lessons are available.
Other Vocal Products are available.

I am thankful that we have the opportunity to use this singing system in our home. 

Click here to read what other reviewers thought.


Photobucket
I received this product in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura