Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: American Patriots: Answering the Call to Freedom

This is a beauty of a little book that will stir the patriotism in your heart.  It is filled to the brim with stories of courage in the most extreme of circumstances, the American Revolution.  It was a time when men and women had strong convictions and were willing to fight for them, the most important of which was the belief in liberty for all. 

Peter Francisco, Austin Dabney, Nancy Morgan Hart, Timothy Murphy. Names you probably have never heard of... twenty-four in all, with stories to remember. Some of the people in this book changed the course of history. All demonstrated courage and fortitude in the face of danger and proved themselves true patriots.

Yes, it's history.  No, it's not dry, dusty, boring or irrelevent.  In fact, it is very relevant for this generation that is seeing our freedoms assaulted by our own government.  We live in a country that is different from every other country in the world.  We were founded on faith and freedom and the willingness to fight for those liberties.  Rick Santorum is a good story teller and makes this a very interesting read.  I'll be sharing it with my children.

This is a book for all Americans. 

From Tyndale website:
"The United States of America was founded and established by ordinary citizens just like you and me. In their struggle for independence, these heroic men and women willingly shed their blood, sweat, and tears—often sacrificing their own lives and fortunes in order to hand down the precious legacy of freedom we all enjoy today. Now is the time for a new generation of American patriots to rise up and join in the fight. Now is the time for every American to return to the virtues, values, and ideals that formed our foundation of freedom, and enable America to remain a great nation, a powerful democracy, and a beacon of hope for the world.

American Patriots highlights the heroic men and women who valiantly fought to secure our God-given rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness—not only for themselves and their children, but for countless future generations. Their stories are a true reminder of the extraordinary faith, courage, and determination that set this country on the path to greatness centuries ago, and an inspiration for future generations of great American patriots."

First Chapter

Hardcover, 2012
About the Author:
Rick Santorum was a candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2012. His grassroots approach to campaigning catapulted him to frontrunner status. Prior to running for President, Rick served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1991 to 1995, and in the U.S. Senate from 1995 to 2007. Rick and his wife of 22 years, Karen, are the parents of seven wonderful children: Elizabeth, John, Daniel, Sarah Maria, Peter, Patrick and Isabella. Also an accomplished author, Rick penned the 2005 New York Times best seller It Takes a Family.
Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes.

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~ 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you put this review up, I was going to get this book for my husband, but worried it wouldn't be that great. Thanks for the review!

    And I'm super grateful you linked up again with Cozy book hop!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura