Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review: Your Heart's Desire

Twenty-six years of marriage. 
Thirty-one years of loving my high school sweetheart. 
The numbers don't even seem possible. 
Yet here we are, in part because we vowed early never ever under any circumstances to use the word d-v-r-c. We knew that saying the word even once, even in anger or jest, would forever weaken our bond.  We also knew that our vows were not just to each other but to God.

Still, like any couple, we have our times.  ~smile~  Sheri Rose Shepherd has gone through many problems in her relationships with her husband, her son, and her previous boyfriends over the years.  In Your Heart's Desire, Mrs. Shepherd identifies the root needs that we as women are trying to get met through the men in our lives.  She also sets forth healthy, God honoring ways to work through some of the problems that result. 

This is a good stand alone book or it can be used in a group setting or with the optional workbook.  each chapter has an introduction, Love Coaching, Let Us Pray, His Love Letter to You, Treasure of Truth, questions for group discussion, and a little smartphone squiggly you can use to get more information about the topic of that chapter.  A website is included for us tech challenged readers as well. 

Some of the things covered are:  working through conflict, modesty in dress, deliverance from shame, helping your husband to become a leader, helping sons become men of faith, bitterness, lack of romance, honor, and respect, to name a few.

Early chapters didn't really seem to speak to me; but, as I read on, this book opened my eyes to some of the dynamics in my marriage that were not working as well as they might.  Yes, I went to the Lord, while reading the book, in repentance.  Anything that directs us to the Lord God is good. 

Excerpt
Discussion Guide

From the product details:
"Hope and healing for every woman who has ever loved a man
Bestselling author and Bible life coach Sheri Rose Shepherd shares 14 truths that will forever change the way you love and are loved. This book is written for the married woman who loves her man but struggles in her marriage. It’s for the single woman who wants to find a godly man to love and for the divorced woman who believed in her marriage until her man walked out.

Each chapter has life-challenging love stories, love coaching, powerful prayers, inspiring scriptural love letters, and a Transforming Truth.

If you’re ready for a refreshing perspective on love, men, and marriage, this book is for you."
Tyndale



"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."


~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~


1 comment:

  1. I could see how this would be an extremely helpful books for some!

    I'm so glad you shared it with Cozy Book Hop!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura