Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: JJ Heller's new album LOVED!



JJ Heller has a wonderfully smooth voice.  The music of Loved was beautiful.  I found myself thinking that this is just the kind of music I'd like to listen to in a coffee shop.  It's not overpowering like so many contemporary Christian songs.  My children, ages 11, 13, and 15 enjoyed it just as much as I did.  They were able to identify that while it has percussion, it is not a clanging cymbals kind of percussion.  The lyrics were a mixture of worship and an outreach to those who are hurting.  God's love and kindness as well as the beauty of dedicated, loving friendship were expressed.  Listen for yourself.  I am so glad to have this album.  We listened in the car.  I didn't find it distracting at all. 

Now, listen for yourself.



About JJ Heller's LOVED
When JJ Heller and her husband/co-writer, Dave, began writing for their sixth studio album LOVED, life looked a few shades darker, more painful and confusing than it had during the work on their work of the recent past. Over the past few years, the duo steered much of their material toward the whimsical and simple joys of life, love and new parenthood. But, when confronted by illness, death and broken marriages within their community, the Hellers chose to stay true to the weight of their season of life when crafting lyrics this time around.


"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

2 comments:

  1. My favorite singer ever is John Denver.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Christy Nockels, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura