Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Ring the Bell DVD with Casting Crowns and Steven Curtis Chapman

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Don't you just love to see a jerk get turned around?  Ring the Bell is one of those movies.  Rob Decker is a big city sports agent who has built an empire for himself on the backs of talented sports players.  He's ruthless, slick, and pretty obnoxious.  Fortunately, he has a secretary who's not afraid to stand up to him.  In Ring the Bell, Decker finds himself stranded in a pretty little town that is Maybury perfect. 
The mechanic assures him that he can walk from one end of town to the other in fifteen minutes; so, having no other choice, that's exactly what he does throughout the movie.  I found it amusing to see this dressed to the nines fast paced fellow slowed down to a comparative snail's pace.  Sometimes slowing down is exactly what we need to think.
The townspeople are warm, friendly, sometimes funny, encouraging and overtly Christian.  In fact, this movie has the clearest, most direct, presentation of the gospel of Jesus Christ that I've ever seen in a movie.  There is no dancing around the J word.  I really liked that.

So, will it be a movie to show to unsaved friends and family?  Yes, I think so, especially if they're music or baseball fans.  Casting Crowns provides terrific music.  The baseball scenes show some amazing pitching as well as featuring prominent, real life stars.
This is a really good movie. We'll watch it again.
Five stars.

Name dropping:  "Ring the Bell features a host of well-known Christian music artists, such as Mark Hall along with his band Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Matthew West, all who play a role in this inspirational drama. Several former and current Major League Baseball all-stars are also featured in the film: ESPN analysts John Kruk and Rick Sutcliffe (a former Cy Young Award winner), along with Ben Zobris."

You might like to know: 
"This family-friendly movie was produced by Mark Miller, Beach Street Records' founder and Casting Crowns’ producer. Miller, who is also the lead singer and founder of country music group Sawyer Brown, co-wrote the script with Thomas Weber and Weber directed the production."
Ring the Bell is available on DVD for only $19.99

DVD Special Features:
The Heart of "Ring the Bell", Casting Crowns “The Well” Music Video
, On Set with Casting Crowns, Famous Faces
, A Very Special Movie, Ringing the Bell, The Artists and Music of "Ring The Bell"

~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~


15 comments:

  1. Fireproof. Its my alltime favorite movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We liked Faith Like Potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just watched An Unfinished Life, it wasnt religious so much as agood family movie.
    sunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog. Thank you for offering this generous giveaway. We loved Courageous.
    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched "Courageous" last summer and would highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hate having to pick one! We loved Flywheel, Courageous, and Fireproof... hm... I think I'd have to say Fireproof was my favorite (at this moment, lol!).

    Thanks for the entry!
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  7. We liked Flywheel. We need to watch Courageous soon. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fire Proof and Facing the Giants! I love good decent and wholesome movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love family movies, where you feel safe watching with your children and the movie has a message for all. It has happy, sad times, but don't have to worry about language or sex in the movie. I would watch this with my daughters and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog from a comment you made at The Legacy of Home! We really like the movie The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your suggestions ladies. I enjoy all of these faith based Jesus based movies.

    Blessings to you from Harvest Lane Cottage!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. The movie I would recommend is Faith like Potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband especially liked Faith Like Potatoes. To me, it was a man film. The kids liked it a lot.

    I find it interesting that we've seen and enjoyed all of the suggested movies with the exception of An Unfinished Life. We'll have to check into that one.

    It shows me that we've got a lot of like minded Christian movie watchers reading this blog.

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so looking forward to seeing this film. I loved Courageous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura