Friday, May 3, 2013

A Thrifty Week #3

Harvest Lane Bakery

It's been a very very busy week.  We had an extra afternoon of enrichment classes and an afternoon of volunteering this week in addition to our normal activities.  Still, I found a bit of time to be thrifty. 

~ I enjoyed a terrific movie, Ring the Bell, that I received in exchange for an honest review. 

~ I sold a book on ebay that I had reviewed recently.  Five dollars to use toward my next fun purchase
on-line.  ~smile~

~ I relisted some books on ebay.  I need to get some photos taken and list some more books as well as some nice name brand clothes my daughter can no longer use.  I just have to stay home long enough to get some things done. 

~ I cut my son's hair.

~ I found that I already have the book needed for a class my husband and I started at church last night.  It's called Love and Respect.  The premise is that what women need more than anything from their husbands is love.  What men need more than anything from their wives is respect.  I think it's going to prove to be a challenging class.

~ I stopped by my friend Kathy's thrift shop and found two shirts for Amy for under $3.  They look new.  Hurrah!

~ I did not buy the Doritos at the store that were on sale tonight.  I wanted them, but we didn't need them.  I did buy a bottle of Purex laundry soap for $2.38 instead.  It says it will do 27 loads.  I know.  I need to make laundry soap.  As I said before, I have to stay home!

~ We ate lunch at church three days this week, because we were in Joplin for classes and volunteering.  We also ate supper prior to service at church Wednesday night, too.

~ My son, Michael, went to the state capitol in Jefferson City this week.  He's outgrown all of his button down shirts.  I found one at Salvation Army that looked like new.  It was about $3.00.  I'm so glad I didn't buy a new shirt.  He christened it with chipotle sauce.  ~ugh~  I am hoping that I can get the stain out.

~ My husband, Lowell, is reopening Harvest Lane Bakery this week.  That is, he is going to take special orders and sell at the Webb City Farmers' Market on Saturdays.  He'll be there from 9:00-12:00 on Saturday.  He's bringing our famous cinnamon rolls and homemade bread.  I cannot say that this is a thrifty thing, but it will bring in some money after the initial costs are made up.

~ I've just started reading another review book that I got for free.  It's called Sunflower Summer.  It's a Misty Harbor book.  Watch for my review next week.

~ I was able to give a friend a really neat baby mobile that I won for her.  Big smiles for free.

Well, that's about all I can think of right now.  I just have one more to share.  It's my favorite this week. ~smile~

~ The big exciting thrifty thing I did this week came about because I'm friends with Delberta, the librarian at the local Christian college.  After we chose five movies to watch this week for free, she told me that they had just weeded through their shelves and had VHS movies for sale for ten cents each!  Woo hoo!  Shout home to Jesus!  We bought 22 terrific educational tapes.  We were flat out thrilled!  We'll use them for summer school when it gets too hot to go outside and play. 

So, that's my great thrifty week.  What did you do this week to be thrifty or make do?

Blessed to be a Blessing,
Laura

~~~~~
May I suggest?

Shared with:



6 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed reading this post - and the picture of the cinammon rolls!

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! Those cinnamon rolls look like a wonderful thing to have on this cold morning. I saw your post right before breakfast, so it was making me hungry! :)

    We sure enjoyed having Michael along on our trip to the Capitol this week! :) I'll get you pictures soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so busy! Love the cinnamon rolls! Yum! I love reading so any time I can get a get book or a review I am happy! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our son and dil work with the youth at their church. They are doing a fundraiser and are selling 100 chicken pies. Instead of then buying pie crusts to make the pies, I made the dough and rolled out 200 pie crusts. They are selling them for $10.00(9 inch pie} and only have less than $3.00 in each pie. Pretty good return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a busy lady! Thank you for sharing at my HOME. Those cinnamon rolls look fabulous! Hope the week ahead is really wonderful.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura