Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: Do Great Things by Aaron Broyles ~ Guest Review by Lowell Lane~

Writing about business or even reading about it, really isn't my thing.  My husband, however, is editor of Kingdom Business Journal.  He's all about business.  Combining the Word of God with business principles?  Definitely Lowell's idea of an interesting read.  So, I'll let him tell you about Do Great Things by Aaron Broyles.  Oh, don't tell Lowell.  I read a couple of chapters, and I think this is good.

I am a get information reader. I am not one to just sit down and read a book for the pleasure of it, so that is why I really like this book. Do Great Things is an action book, a self-identication manual. Aaron challenges you from the first chapter with the question, “If you knew you could do whatever your heart was designed to do with complete fulfillment, excitement, passion, and adventure, without the possibility of failing, would you do it?” This really got my attention and made me want to read on.

Many of us need to change our thinking in order for us to do great things. Aaron does a great job of helping you through this process with challenging self-examination questions and assignments. He helps you to identify your life’s priorities. Aaron then walks you through goal setting and helps you identify specific goals with a specific plan to achieve your goal, anticipate the obstacles, create urgency, and then document and review your goals daily.

“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” Milton Berle.

I love this quote in reference to seeing or making opportunities that others don’t see. I have always been a person that asks lots of questions, and I try to figure things out especially when looking at the big picture. Aaron gives some great examples of this and helps you to think outside the box.
Aaron goes on to talk about how Doing Great Things takes hard work, action, leadership, and wisdom.

This is a great book and I would recommend it to anyone in business, thinking about going into business, or just wanting to identify their God given purpose in life.


In addition to editing Kingdom Business Journal, Lowell writes about organic cooking and gardening at Lowell Lane.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

~~~~~
May I suggest?


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just noticed this review and wondered if you would like to link it in to the current monthly collection of books that people loved on Carole's Chatter. This is the link There are already over 70 books linked in that you might be interested in. It would be great if you came on over. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Carole. I'll come by and take a look.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, thanks for stopping by to add to the "library" - I have signed up to follow you and hope you will follow cArole's chatter too. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole,
    I'm following both your blogs now. Thank you for inviting me.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura