Sunday, May 5, 2013

"Once Upon a Time..."

 Doesn't this just scream "Once upon a time..."?


And it's only a little bitty part of this castle island.  See it on the right corner?
 
   I found a lovely photo of Boldt Castle Alexandria Bay, NY on Pinterest, but I was unable to find the original source.  Google to the rescue.

I found these wonderful desktop wallpapers on the Boldt Castle webpage.  You might enjoy a virtual tour of the lovely estate.

Nope, I don't get anything for writing this.  I just thought it would be a cool setting for a story.

Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura
Just thinking....

Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays - Fluster's Creative Muster   Wholehearted Wednesdays  -  
 A Little R & R

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I were there while on our honeymoon. We took a ferry from the Canadian side. They were still renovating it then (19 yrs ago). There is a lovely but sad love story behind the home. There are hearts everywhere there. Thanks for sharing and reminding me! We are celebrating our 19th anniversary on June 18!
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see pictures of Boldt Castle on your blog! I live about three hours from it. My husband and I go every summer and visit. It's just beautiful. Thanks for giving me a smile! Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I spent hours reading about this family. Incredible wealth, but when his wife died, so did the castle dream. Sad story. Basically, the house went uninhabited, and I believe they are trying to restore it. Money doesn't buy you love, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura