Thursday, May 9, 2013

Review: Mother's Faith, Essays, Lamentations, and Encouragement from a Christian Mother of Waywards



I have long been a reader of Mrs. Sharon White's blog, The Legacy of Home.  Mrs. White's love of God, of family, and of homemaking has encouraged me in my walk.  I am delighted to introduce you to Mother's Faith  Essays, Lamentations, and Encouragement From a Christian Mother of Waywards.  *I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

She describes her book as:
"A collection of essays from a homeschooling mother of five, who has suffered through heartbreak and worry over her teenages and young adults."

Nothing brings a mother more pain and grief than to see that her children are not walking with the LORD.  It is a time of refining of Mother's heart, her prayers and her faith.  Mother's Faith is a collection of essays that express the pain, grief and sorrow, but also the great and glorious hope that we have in Christ for these wayward children.  We know we should pray and not give up.  Often though, we don't have anyone who truly understands what we're going through.

Mrs. White writes what she knows.  In sharing her experiences we not only find that we are not alone in our trials, we find that we are not alone because Christ is with us.  He loves our children more than we do.  He is faithful to complete what He has started. 

Mother's Faith expresses mother love and faith beautifully.  She addresses the guilt that we carry until we give it to the Lord.  One of my favorite quotes that gives me comfort:
"The glory is - finally realizing that
it is God
that molds and shapes a holy soul,
and it is HE who gets the glory.
If the child had grown, with ease,
under mother's dedicated care,
without a fault or trial,
then her skills and talents
would have received
all the praise."
p.54
A few of the essay titles:
When Mother's Heart is Breaking
Trouble with Teenagers
Mother's Hope
Living with Heathens
Mother's Glory
Don't Let it Become a House of Sorrow
How a Godly Mother May Guide an Imperfect Family
I found this to be a practical, encouraging book.  I recommend it. 
The Legacy of Home Press 2013
99 pages, paperback


Mother, don't give up on your waywards! 
Laura
Faithfully praying for mine

~~~~~
May I suggest?
Shared with:
Cozy Book Hop
Deep Roots at Home

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher.  
I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura