Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: The Confession by Beverly Lewis DVD


 BEVERLY LEWIS’ THE CONFESSION
 From Director Michael Landon Jr.
Starring Katie Leclerc and Sherry Stringfield
 Available on DVD June 11th
...................................
Movie Synopsis:
Raised by an Amish family, Katie Lapp always felt the call of another life. Now, her quest to find her birth-mother, Laura Mayfield-Bennett, has drawn her into world of the "Englishers." Along the way, two very different men try to help her overcome a devious scheme to steal her rightful inheritance. Business-minded but kind-hearted Justin Wirth reaches out to discover Katie's hidden secrets, while her childhood companion Daniel Fisher sacrifices his own happiness for her future. Katie's heart is divided between two worlds as love reveals the truth in the moving saga based on the hit novel from New York Times bestselling author Beverly Lewis.

My thoughts:   
My girls were so excited when they heard we would get this movie for review. They enjoyed the first movie in The Heritage of Lancaster County series called The Shunning.  Katie Lapp is a young woman who was adopted by an Amish couple in Hickory Hollow.  Now she's all grown up and searching for her birth mother.  When you mix desperation, big money, innocence, and terminal illness, you've got a recipe for an interesting movie. 

As you know, I'm quite picky with movies.   The Confession was a good, clean film.  I watched it with my family tonight.  There was no bad language or crude jokes.  There were no scenes that would cause you to shield your little ones' eyes or ears.  

I found it to be an entertaining movie.  I wanted to encourage the "good guys", shake a couple of "bad guys"  a couple of times, I just wanted to hug Laura and the real Katie Lapp.  I thought the head housekeeper was sweet and adorable.  We liked the movie very much.  But...  we didn't know that it would leave us hanging.  We found that frustrating because we have to wait a long time to find out whether there will be a happily ever after or not.  We are assuming that they will make The Reckoning into a movie as well.  If not, well I just might have to buy the book!

It's not the most exciting movie we've seen, but we would watch it again.  It will stand alone as a story, but I think you would enjoy it more if you watch or read The Shunning first.
BEVERLY LEWIS’ THE CONFESSION has a running time of approximately 88 minutes and is not rated.  I received this DVD in exchange for an honest review.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments and following me. We just watched this movie this past weekend and loved it! I sure wish they would make more like it. I will follow you back since your blog is my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good movie! Friday night is our "movie night" and its getting harder to find good clean stories. I will have to remember this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your kind comments.

    I'm coming by to see you both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We liked this movie, too, and I believe there are others to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura