Friday, June 7, 2013

A Beautifully Fragrant Spring




All of the flowers are thriving in the garden, both those we planted this year and those that former owners and God planted.  I've seen a rose bush come back to life that I'd thought dead these last two years.  The peonies bloomed at Memorial Day just as they should, filling the house with their intoxicating fragrance.  The wildflowers have been abundant in the meadow.  Vases and jars have been filled and scattered throughout the house.  No need for air fresheners here.

I was enjoying a few moments of quiet on the porch a couple of days ago enjoying the late afternoon breeze.    Honeysuckle vines fragranced the air with their sweetness.  I pondered, what must Eden have been like?  Breathtakingly beautiful, vibrant hues, a heady collection of exquisite flowers and plants that filled Adam and Eve's senses.

How hard it must have been to face a world outside Eden that I imagine might have been like a typical August in Missouri, hot, dry, dusty, dull.  I'm sure the world lacked luster to Adam and Even in every way imaginable.  More importantly, it would have been so lonely.  I wonder if they prayed.  I wonder if God answered.  Certainly not face-to-face.  What sadness and mourning must they have felt?  What torment of regret?  Did every generation feel that sense of loss as they were told the stories of life before?

Oh, thank you God that You made a way for us even prior to that first sin.  Thank you that you chose before the creation that Jesus, by His obedience, death, resurrection and love, would make a way for us to be reunited to God Our Heavenly Father.
Romans 5:19

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."  King James Bible

Thank you Lord my strength!

~~~~~
May I suggest?



Mommy Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor