Wednesday, August 28, 2013

REVIEW: Alone But Not Alone Book by Tracy Leininger Craven

Alone Yet Not Alone is one of the most Christ honoring, God honoring books I've ever read.   Barbara, the young heroine of the story, found strength to face her troubles through her faith in God.  The faith was built by hearing the Word of God in her family's devotion times, by listening to her father read the Bible, and by memorizing hymns.  She shared her faith with others to encourage them not to give up hope.

My twelve year old devoured this book!  Perhaps it's because the heroine is about her age.   Amy cannot wait to see the movie.  She wrote a  review on her very own blog, Living in Faith and Fun.  Even as an adult, I found myself drawn into this narrative.  The depth of emotion conveyed in the narrative of this 12 year old girl's experience was impressive. 


I highly recommend this book to families with children ages 8 and up.  
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review.  

I can tell from the photos and captions in the book that the movie has changed the story line in some ways, but I still look forward to seeing the film with my children.

Blessings,
Laura
~~~~~

Here's what the publisher says about the book and movie.

"Settled in the Blue Mountains of Pennsylvania, deep within America's new frontier, the Leininger family celebrates the blessings of a beautiful homestead and bountiful harvest. That is, until tragedy strikes with the beginning of the French and Indian War and the devastating raid known as the Penn's Creek Massacre. 

The lives of this simple, God-fearing family are forever altered when Barbara and Regina, two young sisters, are carried away by the Delaware tribe. Driven by their faith in God and the powerful bonds of family, Barbara and Regina hold firmly to the belief that they are never alone, even in their darkest hour, and that they will be reunited again.  

Rich in historical details, Alone Yet Not Alone is an inspirational, true story of a family caught in the cross fire of the French and Indian War."

Author:  Tracy Leininger Craven loves history and retelling real-life stories in her historical fiction books. She also loves spending her free time in the great outdoors with her husband David and their four children.  
~~~~~
Awarded 5 Doves from the Dove Foundation!
~~~~~


11 comments:

  1. It's sounds like just the kind of read I need for my girls and me too!
    Thanks so much for your review.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoy the movie, The Widow's Might. Your book sounds really good as I enjoyed the Beautiful Girlhood collection by the same author… Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really enjoy the movie, The Widow's Might. Your book sounds really good as I enjoyed the Beautiful Girlhood collection by the same author… Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jes,
    I've not read anything by this author before. Now I'll have to see about it. I've also not heard of the Widow's Might. Thanks for giving me some new things to look into!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! Just wanted to thank you for the heartfelt prayer you left on my blog. What a blessing to read it and know it was meant for us. Thank you so much!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Laura! Thank you so much for coming by and asking about my sister! That is so sweet that you did. She is doing wonderful now and came through her surgery with flying colors!

    Thank you for your prayers! Have a blessed day!
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family really enjoyed Ice Age. Nothing in it is unacceptable for any age!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Su,
    I immediately thought of the squirrel!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maryjane,
    I'm so glad to hear that your sister is better. God is so good!
    Happy today!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    I hope you'll enjoy it!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura