Saturday, August 31, 2013

REVIEW: Whispers on the Dock Evangeline Kelley



I just like the ladies of Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn.  I enjoyed reading about how they started their bed and breakfast on Nantucket Island.  I've enjoyed each phase of their story.  These are cozy little novels with happy endings.  What more could you want?  Mystery!  Secrets!  Love!  Beautiful descriptions!  Whispers on the Dock has it.  It also has some of the closure that I was seeking in the past books.   The interaction between the three sisters seems authentic.  This final book in the series holds some surprises.  You'll enjoy it most if you've read the first two. 


About Whispers on the Dock: Three sisters. A charming inn. Hints of mystery and romance. And a gorgeous seaside setting. Escape to Misty Harbor Inn.

As Nantucket reaches the pinnacle of its summer glory, and the Marris sisters welcome guests at Misty Harbor Inn, youngest sister Sam Carter enters her mother's cobbler recipe in the Summerfest baking contest. But she faces a formidable opponent, a past winner who is determined to keep her title even if it means stooping to dirty tactics. Can Sam's newfound faith help her rise above the fray and reach out to this lonely woman? Meanwhile, an elderly guest arrives who knows the inn's history, and the sisters are stunned to learn that their late mother lived there as a child. But she told them she'd never been to Nantucket until her honeymoon! Through the woman's reminiscences and photos, the sisters make an intriguing discovery --- not only about the mysterious Hannah Montague, the young woman who disappeared from the house in 1880, but also about their own family history.

Readers will delight in the inviting Nantucket setting and be enthralled by the adventures of these sisters who reunite to bring their mother's Misty Harbor dreams to life.


This is a blog tour.  
Read what other bloggers thought: 
http://litfusegroup.com/author/ekelley

About the authors: Evangeline Kelley is the pen name for the writing team of Patti Berg, Pam Hanson & Barbara Andrews, and Camy Tang, the four authors who collaborated to create Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn. Each of them has published novels individually, but this is their first series together.

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.   I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

 Shared:
Cozy Reading Spot, Literacy Musing Monday

4 comments:

  1. this sounds like a good book and series. I love a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd enjoy it, Ann.
    Have a terrific week!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me interested in the complete set. I enjoy stories like this. I'm looking forward to your next post at Literacy Musing Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I'm taking a short spring break, so I will have a lot of messages when I get back online. If you would like a reply to your comment, please be sure to leave your email address and ask me for a response. I moderate all comments, so it your comments won't show on the blog until I get back in the swing of things.

Thanks so much for your patience!

It will be good for me to unplug for a bit. Know what I mean?
Be blessed!
Laura