Thursday, October 10, 2013

REVIEW: A Christmas Gift for Rose


I do adore Christmas books... I have at least... one, two, three, four, well never you mind!  One more is just what I need. I mean like.  ~smile~  Litfuse sent me a free copy of A Christmas Gift for Rose by Tricia Goyer in exchange for an honest review. (Just for you Mr. Government man!)

This book is well worth the asking price of $15.99.  It's a gentle story of a young Amish woman whose best laid plans are going awry.  It begins with her love, Jonathan, going off to World War II to serve as a medic.  This is a major no no for the Amish.  Other young Amish men sat out their days in prison or government work programs for dodging the draft as conscientious objectors.  When the community finds out Jonathan went to war, they pressure Rose over his decision.

She then found she was adopted which leaves her feeling lost, alone, and afraid.  Her decisions about how to handle the situations will shape her life forever.  Tricia Goyer based this novel on a true story an Amish man told her of his grandmother growing up in the Great Depression and how her Englisch family left her with an Amish family to raise because of their extreme poverty.

This is a relaxing book to read during the holiday season that will encourage you to strengthen your faith and to be close to your family.


About the book: Rose turned her back on the man she loves after he assisted the Englisch during World War
II---only to discover she's an Englischer herself. Born in the midst of the hardships of The Great Depression, Rose grew up in Berlin, Ohio, in the arms of a loving Amish family. But she is overwhelmed by self-doubt when she learns that she was born Englisch and abandoned when her family moved West in search of work. Was she meant to be Amish or would she have been better off growing up with her own
kind---Englischers? When the man she loves leaves her behind, Rose is certain he left for good. Yet Rose discovers sometimes our greatest gifts are the ones we fear.

Purchase a copy: http://ow.ly/pfhBl

About Tricia: USA Today best-selling author Tricia Goyer is the author of over 35 books, including the three-book Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors series and "Lead Your Family Like Jesus," (co-written with Ken Blanchard). She has written over 500 articles for national publications and blogs for high traffic sites like TheBetterMom.com and MomLifeToday.com. She is the host of Living Inspired, a weekly radio show. Tricia and family live in Little Rock, Arkansas. They have six children.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura