Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thankful for Mother

Mother
Judith Ann Benson Lane
1940-2013
May her name be blessed forever.
I will miss her for the rest of my life.
I am blessed to call her Mother.
She called me her daughter.
I thank God for my mother-in-love.
She taught me about love and encouragement.
I know that someday I will be a good mother-in-law
because I was taught by the best.
Jesus, I thank you that we'll
be together again one day.
Please tell Mother I love her.

~~~~~

Dear Readers,

Please forgive me if I do not respond to your comments in a timely manner.  My dear mother-in-love went to be with Jesus quite unexpectedly late Thursday night.  My attentions will be elsewhere for awhile.  Right now, my family needs me, and I need them.  May God bless you all during this Thanksgiving season.  Please, please take lots of photos.  Please, please make sure you've made peace with your loved ones.  I don't have near as many photos as I wish I did.  I haven't found any of Mother and I together yet.  I truly am thankful that I have the blessed assurance that Jesus is mine, and Jesus is Mother's.  We shall be together again.  Praise Jesus.

Sincerely,
Laura
Blessed

P.S.  I always called my mother Mom.  Judy always preferred me to call her Mother, even before I married her son.  She decided I was a keeper before he did! 

14 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry dear friend for your loss! Will keep your family close in prayer! Can never have too many photos!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your great loss. My heart aches for you especially during the holiday time of year. It is hard to get through. I am praying for you and your family. WHat a comfort to know you will be together again. God bless! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Helen,
    Thank you so very much for your kind words. The kindness of friends and readers in person, over the phone, and on-line has been very comforting.

    Blessings to you this holiday season,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sue,

    Thank you so much for your sweet words. I've learned that I must let more photos be taken of Mom even though I'd rather be behind the scenes. ~smiles~

    Bless you dear lady!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Laura, I am so sorry for the sorrow you are all feeling! I am sure you were a wonderful Daughter to her, and a comfort to her knowing her son was in such good hands. I will be praying for all of you!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxy, you're just a doll. I was very close to Mother. She always considered me to be one of her kids. I hope I grow up to be a great mother-in-law like her.
    Blessings to you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Laura,
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your mom in law. I will be praying for you and your entire family. At least she knew that her son is in good and faithful hands.
    Blessings Sweet Friend,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Amy, what kind words. Thank you so much for your prayers. She's so happy now. Her sons are currently going through her papers. It's not easy for them.
    Blessings to you,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking the time to stop by my place and leave a comment,especially after your family's loss. Your dear mother looks like a sweetheart, and you were indeed blessed by her in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Faith,
    I have sweet memories. I pray the wisdom she shares will be deep within me.
    Blessings to you and happy Thanksgiving,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Judith, I do hope so, too. For now, the search will have to wait. There are thank you cards to write and holidays to prepare for. I want my children to have the calmest, most peaceful, Christ-centered Christmas I can provide even though we will miss Grandma Judy.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Laura, I haven't stopped by your blog in a little while, so I am just now finding this news about your dear mother-in-law. I am SO sorry. My heart goes out to you in so many ways. I lost my precious Dad in 2000, then my dear Mom in April of 2012. I still grieve and miss them so very much. My husband's parents are in their 80's, and I dread the day we lose them, too. May the God of all comfort be especially near to you at this sad time. Sorry I didn't share my condolences sooner. I know the holidays were very difficult for you and your family, and you have my deepest sympathy. Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheryl,

    Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much when God's love is shared with us in this way. My heart still aches for Mother, and I miss her dearly; but, God has been so good to us. The kids and my husband have been doing well.

    May God bless you for your love to me,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor