Friday, March 14, 2014

~ ~ ~ ~ Philosophy 101 and Truth ~ ~ ~ ~ A Must-See Movie: God's Not Dead

     I entered college young.  I was seventeen years old.  I'd been a Christian for about two years.  I was ready to "expand my horizons" as the catch phrase said in the early 1980's.  One of the college requirements for this very young freshman was Philosophy 101.  The first week in class one thing was made perfectly clear.  Students were not allowed to mention God or Christianity unless they could absolutely prove God and the Bible were true.  I was a young girl and a young Christian.  I was driven to get good grades.  I did what I was told.  I wrote the papers and required coursework using the false beliefs of the approved philosophers.  All the while I knew it was rubbish.  We all did it.  Except one.  One student stood firm for God and Christ.  I admired him, but I didn't have the courage or knowledge to join him.  I wish I had.

Learn more about this movie at  the official God’s Not Dead Facebook Page.

     This is the story of one such young man.  It was inspired by a very long list of court cases involving philosophy classes and the Christian faith.  On the first day of Philosophy 150, Josh and his classmates were required to write three words on a page and sign their names, "God is dead."  This, according to the professor, would dispense with weeks of needless debate and low grades for the class.  Josh alone would not sign.  He was charged with proving that God is alive or have his final grade reduced by thirty percent. Josh wisely persuaded the professor to allow the class to decide whether he was successful.  Josh's struggles brought about by this decision and his arguments form the main thread of the movie.

     There are several others who are also making a journey through this story toward or away from faith in God, a young Chinese student, a reporter, her boss, a young Muslim lady, the local Pastor, and of course, the professor himself.  This is not just about creation.  It also addresses some of the harder issues including suffering and death.
   
     The acting is excellent.  The music is excellent, The Newsboys perform two full songs in concert as well as some background vocals.  Duck Dynasty fans will enjoy the forthright testimony of Willie.  This is just an excellent film.

     Check out the  God’s Not Dead Facebook Page to find a theater near you.  The movie opens March 21.


Thank you FlyBy Promotions for arranging this special on-line viewing for review purposes!

~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~


10 comments:

  1. My granddaughter sang "God's Not Dead" for her talent show ( she's in 2nd grade ) : ) just the other night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,
    It was really really good. Take someone who hasn't made up his or her mind about Jesus and God.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this Movie! Thanks for posting the review <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be glad you saw it Julia!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be glad you saw it Julia!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little girl made a dance to that song with her friend last year. It's a catchy tune.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I have heard that Kevin has taken a bit of heat regarding this movie. thank you for sharing with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's coming to our little local theater next week and I can't wait to see it, even though we very very rarely go to the movies. Thank you for sharing this at the HomeAcre Hop; I hope you'll join us again this Thursday.
    Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely one to see Kathi! I'll be over for a visit in just a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura