Sunday, March 2, 2014

REVIEW: LET GOD DVD


Thank you Edify Media for giving me this DVD for review.
Let God Follows One Woman’s Struggle with Faith in the Face of Survival and the Battle Against Time.  This film was the Breckenridge Film Festival 2013 “Best Feature” and “Best Actress” Winner.
 "When all is lost, there is hope. As rumors of gold in California spread across the United States in 1848, Levi decides it is time to head west with Amelia, his young housewife, to stake their claim and build a better life. Against her better judgment, Amelia honors her husband’s demands, leaving her home and family. Secretly, they join the last wagon caravan of the season dangerously late, leaving behind a string of bad debts. On the trail, they encounter unimaginable danger that will ultimately change the course of their lives.
  After a savage attack takes her husband, Amelia is left alone and without resources. For the first time, Amelia must take life into her own hands, battling winter, hunger, and the unknown. As she grows weaker by the day, she finds strength in a mysterious and unexpected guide. Survival becomes a race against time and Amelia must find something greater than herself to help survive the frigid winter along the Oregon Trail."  ~ Word Films  
Let God has earned the Dove “Family-Approved” Seal for any age. 
My thoughts:
  Well, I'm not sure what to say about this film.  Jasmin Jandreau portrayed her part as a young housewife left alone in the wilderness well.  She showed fear, anguish, sadness, hopelessness, and all the emotions that one would expect in such a bleak situation quite well.  It was all in her face and actions.  Since she was alone, there was very little speech.  The setting was beautiful.  Her lack of skills caring for herself surprised me.
  There was one major problem.  We were bored.  It moved too slowly without enough to keep us interested.  Honestly, if I hadn't had to review it, we would have turned it off.  The complaints from the family began about thirty minutes in.  After watching the entire movie, at the very end it makes sense.  Her struggle with her faith is shown to have been the point of the movie.  It's just that we had to wait until the last three or four minutes for there to be any real action, any real hope, anything to keep our attention.
  So, while I was impressed with Miss Jandreau's performance of her part, my family found this to be a very disappointing film.  I cannot recommend it.

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."




2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting, Laura :-)
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you Kath! Thanks for talking back.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura