Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Trim Healthy Mama Shrinker


I haven't really talked about it, but I've been following Trim Healthy Mama, more or less, since September.  I've not been a very good Mama for the last couple of months, but I'm rededicating myself.  ~grin~  Now it's time to get the scale moving downward again.  Serene and Pearl's Shrinker drink was a big help to me while I was losing. Here's a link to the original recipe.  It includes the information about all the reasons it's so good for you and helps you lose weight.

I played around with the recipe a bit and found that this is my favorite way to make it. It tastes like a lovely iced Chai tea.  You may drink it hot if you prefer. This recipe makes two quarts.  That's the amount Serene and Pearl suggest as a day's allotment.  

My Shrinker:  
3-4 Oolong tea bags steeped in a large mug or small teapot until room temperature
Blend the following in a blender:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon caramel extract (You can use vanilla.)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
Stevia or Truvia to taste 

This makes your Shrinker concentrate.  Divide it between two quart jars. When you're ready to drink it, fill the jar with ice and sip on it until it's gone.  You can add a little extra water or sweetener as needed.  I like weak tea, so I just keep adding ice and sipping throughout the day.  Stir or shake each time you drink, because the cinnamon tends to go to the bottom.  
This is called Shrinker because it actually burns calories by raising your thermogenic temperature.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
Laura
Blessed to be a Blessing


19 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting! And I bet you feel great :) Hugs to you, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    I do feel better. I've a ways to go. I look forward to feeling really good someday.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recipe at Friends Sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!!! This winter has taken it's toll on all of us I think, too cold to do much other than try to stay warm! I'm gonna check this out, I've started walking again, sure have missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Bernideen.
    Have a terrific week!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Laura, I like Oolong tea, I did know it was very helpful to burn calories.Thanks for sharing your secret recipe :o) Did you open a restaurant? Happy Palm Sunday to you Dear and your whole family.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura
    First of all, congratulations on your weightloss!! How wonderful! I'll have to check out this plan you're using - thanks for sharing!

    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Marissa. I'm stalled right now. I've got to get it moving again. ~smile~
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roxy,

    We're actually in the process of getting ready to open. We will open the day after Easter in the Precious Moments Chapel facility in Carthage, Mo. There should be lots of hungry and thirsty guests this summer and fall.
    Bless you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just happen to have some almond milk for my favourite Chia Pudding recipe. I'm off to try your yummy Mama Shrinker right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you liked it Mimi Mama. I haven't tried Chia yet.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your major accomplishment of weight loss.This is fantastic! Interesting drink too, I haven't heard of this before. I'm your next door neighbor on "InspireMeMondays" linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barb,
    It's a pleasure to meet you. I'll pop over and visit your post.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm going to try your tea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the weight loss. I lost 20 lbs last year, and I'm going for the final 20 by September (hopefully). I'll have to see if I can get these ingredients here - it sounds like a really yummy drink!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Rosilind! That's terrific! I hope this drink aids your weight loss. I'll visit in just a bit.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Sarah. I'll be over for a visit in just a bit. I hope you like the tea. It's so very good for you. If you don't like it at first, just try changing your proportions a bit. That's what I did.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    I followed the link-up from Teaching What is Good. Congratulations on your weight loss! That is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Elizabeth. Thanks for talking back!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura