Tuesday, May 27, 2014

When Calls the Heart ~ A Telling Silence ~ Janette Oke ~ DVD Review

We enjoyed a rare mid-week movie night tonight.  It was the third dvd in the When Calls the Heart movie series, A Telling Silence.  The only thing missing was the popcorn.  Should have thought ahead on that one. ~smile~

Elizabeth Thatcher is a young teacher working to make a difference in the company coal mining town of Coal Valley on the western Canadian frontier.  Jack Thornton is a Canadian Mountie assigned to the town to keep the law.  Sparks fly when a young girl disappears and the town must find her.  Elizabeth's friend is accused of burning down the town church, and Jack must investigate.  This puts everyone in an uproar.  The local pastor is accusing, the local drunk is frightening, the local coal boss is intimidating, and Jack and Elizabeth must make sense of it all.  He comes across as the knight in red wool in this family friendly movie.  Throw in a little puppy love and a whole lot of family love, and it makes for an entertaining and safe for all ages movie.  Of course, this is a Janette Oke inspired movie, so there are a few other sparks, too.

This one's worth watching.
Read my reviews of other movies in this series.

1.  When Calls the Heart
2.  When Calls the Heart Lost & Found
     Where Courage Calls - Related book


Find out more at When Calls the Heart Movie.  This movie is produced and directed by Michael Landon Jr. and is distributed by Word Entertainment.




I received this movie in exchange for an honest review from Edify Media.
~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~

Shared:
Wow Us Wednesday - Wonderful Wednesdays - - Fluster's Creative Muster Making a Home - Living Glory to Glory Encouragement Link-up

8 comments:

  1. Thankyou for the review - always on the lookout for good movies to watch that aren't full of violence and sex etc.. There aren't many around these days :(

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for the review - always on the lookout for good movies to watch that aren't full of violence and sex etc.. There aren't many around these days :(

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MIL loves all of Okes' books - I'll have to tell her about the movies. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of Janette Oke's books, they are such lovely, gentle reads.

    Kathi at Oak Hill Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura, I have not seen this one yet, it is now on my list to watch.
    Let me know when you need a new apron :o)
    You're so sweet!
    Love, Miss Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Roxy,
    Your notes really touch me. Sometimes I feel like I ought to just give up the blog. It doesn't seem like I've had time to write anything of value. Thank you for sticking with me!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura