Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Just Finished Isle of Shadows.

I just finished Isle of Shadows by Tracy L. Higley.  I bought it myself and enjoyed it myself on my Kindle during snatched moments while out and about.  It's a story set of the city of Rhodes, one of the Greek islands, during the time between the Old and New Testaments.  I really enjoy Tracy's writing.  I gave this one five stars.  I have reviewed So Shines the Night which is set in Ephesus during the time of Paul's travels and The Queen's Handmaid which is set in Egypt during Cleopatra's reign and in the court of Herod the Great 39 B.C.

If you enjoy historical fiction with intrigue and mystery that shows the love and redeeming message of God, you may enjoy her writing, too.

Blessings,
Laura
Happy at Home



3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura!
    I have finally made it over for a visit! It has been one busy summer. We have been cleaning the yard and finishing up our shop. I have been canning jellies, syrups and spaghetti sauce. Trying to stay connected with our home school group with field trips and activities and trying trying to stay afloat!

    Whew... I am one tired mama!

    How are things going for you? How's the restaurant?

    Well, I promise I will check in again after awhile.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your review of Isle of Shadow and will have to put it on my list of books to read. I am currently listening to So Shines the Night on my MP3 and really enjoying it. I will be posting a review of it next week on my blog www.thoughtsfrommillstreet.blogspot.com Hope you stop by. I will be chechking back in on your blog to read your review of Smart Money Smart Kids. I listen to Dave Ramsey all the time and want to hear what you think of this book.
    Sue W., a fellow reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved So Shines the Night! I'll come visit your blog, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura