Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review: The Perfect Summer

Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.

     Broken families, lost dreams, fears, grief.  Only one redeemer can make all things work together for good for those who love Christ.  We, however, can show the love of Christ and make a real difference, too.  The Perfect Summer is a story of redeeming love, compassion, courage, and hope.  After her husband's death, a mother and her teenage son move from Chicago to a beach town to live with the mother's estranged father so that she can make a new start.  It's like moving to a different world.  In this town, everyone surfs.  Young Jake does not.  He finds courage and strength as his grandfather teaches him.  This is a great family film for all ages.  There are some really pretty beach scenes and some awesome surfing as well.
     Our family enjoyed it.  This movie will be released August 5th on DVD.
Take a look.


Disclosure: I was sent a sample of the product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product.

Wholehearted Wednesdays  -  So Much at Home - Think Tank Thursdays  -   Hope in Every Season 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    This looks like a pretty good movie. I think I saw one similar a few years ago...that was really good. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Trish. The movie brought Soul Surfer to my remembrance.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura