Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: When Calls the Heart... The Dance

Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.

Love is a complicated matter.  More so when there's a triangle.  That's just what is created when Billy Hamilton comes to town to mine.  I don't know about you, but I think that a man reciting poetry is very romantic.  Jack and Elizabeth struggle to communicate with each other while Billy smoothly speaks sweet poetic words that spark Elizabeth's attention and Jack's suspicions and jealousy.

I love how expressive the actors and actresses are in this film.  I think we'd understand the plot even if it weren't a "talkie" but a silent film.  As usual, there are some words of wisdom shared within the lines of the story as well as some good advice.

This is the fourth in the series that I've viewed.  The first had different actors.  Of the films with the second set of actors, this one is my favorite.  Perhaps it is because I've become accustomed to Coal Valley and its people.  This is a very enjoyable movie.  It's clean enough for the whole family, romantic enough for those who enjoy that, and it has action for those who like that.  My whole family enjoyed it.


"Synopsis-  New miners arrive in Coal Valley to help with the final stages of reopening the mine and the town decides to celebrate with a dance at the end of the week. One of the new miners, Billy Hamilton has taken a special interest in Elizabeth and she is flattered by the attention. Meanwhile, pregnant widow Carla Noonan has moved in with Abigail and Elizabeth so the women can keep and eye on her for the remainder of her pregnancy. As Elizabeth and Billy's relationship develops, Jack becomes suspicious of Billy's motives for pursuing Elizabeth so persistently.

 When Calls the Heart- “The Dance” is a feature length film from the first two episodes of the When Calls the Heart television series.  It is distributed by Word Entertainment."  ~ Edify Media

Disclosure: I was sent a sample of the product for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are my own based on my experience with this product.

Amaze Me Monday Inspire Me Monday   - Mix it Up Monday - Mom's the Word -  Motivation Mondays - 
The Art of Homemaking -  A Mama's Story-     Monday Musings - Marriage Monday -  Happiness is Homemade - Essential Fridays

8 comments:

  1. I SO want to see this! I've only seen # 1 and am looking for a good buy on #2,3 and 4 Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all good, Julia. I must warn you, however, that they changed actors when they made the second movie. They remain the same in the following ones, at least through the fourth one. I think there must be another coming.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good Laura. I will have to look for it!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear friend!

    I loved the series of this... I think I now need to read the books.

    I hope you are all doing well. I have been thinking about you lately. Praying for you as well.

    Take Care,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    I read the series long ago. Long enough that I forgot how it went! Maybe I'll read it again. ~smile~
    I'll be by for a visit soon. It's County 4H Fair week and we're busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do they have to change actors? That is always pretty frustrating to me however, such is life :) Anyways, Janette Oke was one of my first Christian authors that I read so I will always have a soft spot for anything having to do with her such as these movies. I look forward to viewing them. Thanks for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura...You've peeked my interest. I now want to see this and the ones before. Thank you for sharing your review at Monday's Musings.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura