Friday, August 29, 2014

$10 Great Dates: Connecting Love, Marriage, and Fun on a Budget by Peter & Heather Larson and David & Claudia Arp

Thank you Bethany House for this review copy.
The truly ironic thing about this book is that I read the first half while on a date with my husband.  We went out to dinner at Panera; then we went to the local big box store.  I sat in the car reading while he went in for restaurant supplies.  How romantic... not.

To be truthful, the $10 is what got my attention.  It's easy to have a great date if you've got a $50 or $100 to spend... not that we ever actually do that.  We've been on a pretty tight budget lately.  That's how it is when you begin a new business venture... or work in ministry... or have children.... or... or.... or.... You can fill in the blanks.

Can a couple really have a date on $10?  We have done it off and on for years.  It's not easy, but often it's all we can justify.  I'm looking forward to trying some of the ideas in this book to put a little pizzazz back into this 28 year marriage.  ~smile~ Since one of my primary love languages is gifts, I'm looking forward to the "Gifts on a Budget" date.  You can take a peek at that one on page 20 of the PDF excerpt.
About 
Create Big Romance on a Small Budget
Tired of the usual dinner-and-a-movie dates? Looking for new ways to connect with your spouse? 

Energize your marriage by getting out of your normal routine with the help of these 52 creative date ideas. From outdoor dates to out-on-the-town dates, you and your spouse will have no trouble finding the perfect date that fits your mood--all on a $10 budget!

See for yourself how new experiences can help you bond together and nurture your relationship. Which of these will be the first of your Great Dates?

· Time Travel Great Date
· Moonlight/Sunrise Great Date
· Bucket List Great Date
· Surprise Me! Great Date

Each date includes easy preparation suggestions, tips for the date, talking points to enhance your conversations, and a Great Date takeaway. What are you waiting for?

Excerpt PDF

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher.  
I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”



~~~~~
May I suggest?
~~~~~


1 comment:

  1. Good morning~

    This sounds like the perfect book for this frugal female! :D

    Thank you for posting this!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura