Wednesday, October 15, 2014

When Calls the Heart: Change of Heart DVD Review

I got a surprise in the mail the other day.  It was a package.  Don't you love brown paper packages tied up with strings?  Well, this was a yellow padded envelope, but it was still fun. ~smile~

It was the next When Calls the Heart DVD, Change of Heart! I enjoyed the earlier videos so much, Elliott at Edify Media knew I'd want to review this one too, so he just popped it in the mail. Yay!  Thanks Elliott!

First chance we got, we had a movie night.  The whole family enjoys these clean films about life in a little Canadian town in the West.  The plot was a bit predictable this time, but the acting was so good and the setting so good, we enjoyed it anyway.  It's just a feel good, neighborly kind of cast.   It makes you want to come back again.  I'll be watching any future When Calls the Heart DVDs I get a chance to watch.  I suggest you check this one out.  It's a great film DVD.

My daughter, Amy, said, "I love these movies. You should watch them. I like them because they're not all yucky romance, they're sweet romance."

This series is inspired by the book series by Janette Oke.  Find out more about the series.
Here's some more information on this film directed by Michael Landon, Jr.

"When Calls the Heart- “Second Chances” is a feature length film from the episodes of the When Calls the Heart television series. 
Synopsis-  Jack finally gets Elizabeth to agree to join him for a dinner date just as Elizabeth’s younger sister, JULIE THATCHER, arrives in Coal Valley, surprising Elizabeth.  Julie is accompanied by Mountie PATRICK O’REILLY, the man who has been sent to inform Jack of his new posting, and become the new Constable of Coal Valley.  Jack had already forgotten that he sent in a request to transfer the week he arrived in Coal Valley, and the news takes him by surprise."



I received this DVD at no charge from Edify Media in exchange for an honest review.

11 comments:

  1. I love that show!!! Thanks for doing the review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a surprisingly sweet series. We enjoyed them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie sounding good. Thanks for the review.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was my pleasure Rachelle. Thanks for talking back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to see them all Jes. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a really nice series. I hope we can watch them sometime, as I have a lot of girls that would probably enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure they would enjoy them Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just bought the first one , looking forward to watching it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy it, Jo!

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha that's so cute "not yucky romance" kids have such a candid way of putting things. I like Sweet, it seems a bit more realistic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it was cute, too. Suzzie. I'll have another When Calls the Heart review this week.
    Blessings for a happy Thanksgiving,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura