Monday, November 3, 2014

REVIEW: The NKJV Study Bible Full-Color Edition Published by Thomas Nelson

Thank you BookLook for this review copy.*
My daughter has abandoned her Bible. Not really. She's just been enjoying using my new Bible. ~smile~ 

 I really like this New King James Study Bible.   My forty-something year old eyes can read it without squinting.  ~smile~  There are tons of really good notes that explain things that are cultural or historical that I didn't know. There are full-color photos of locations, ruins, artifacts. There are definitions of terms, time lines, maps, comparisons and contrasts charts, cross-references, and articles. The articles in introductions to the books are a wealth of information.

There are well over a hundred articles in all, but they do not detract from the text of the Bible. That is one of the things I really like about this version. The study helps enhance; they do not distract. The pages are lightweight but not flimsy. It's a thick and therefore heavy book. I won't be carrying it to church with me, but it will be great for home reading and study.

This is exactly what I hoped it would be when I ordered it with one exception. I do wish that there was more margin room to take notes in. All-in-all, that's a small thing. I do think it's easy to use.

If you're in the market for a study Bible, this is one to consider.

Book Description from Publisher:
The NKJV Study Bible, the most comprehensive study Bible available, now in a full-color edition with added features! The acclaimed NKJV Study Bible is the most complete study system for all who desire accurate study in God's Word. The Second Edition includes more features to make it the best all-purpose study Bible. Using the trusted New King James Version, The NKJV Study Bible has "the mind of a scholar and the heart of a pastor." Nelson's skilled team of scholars has produced the system to reach for when study in God's Word is the goal.
Features include:
  • NEW attractive full-color page design
  • NEW stunning Bible-land photos and graphics
  • NEW in-text maps and charts
  • Full cross-references with textual notes
  • Word studies and indexes
  • Bible Times and Culture Notes
  • Book introductions, outlines, and time lines
  • Reader-friendly notes and articles ideal for extended study
  • Deluxe NKJV Concordance including proper names
Retail price $49.99
~~~~~~~~~~~~



*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a good one... I need a new Bible, and may order this one. I have always used NIV, never King James. It never hurts to try something new, especially a new translation of God's word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used NIV, Ty, but I like NKJV much better.

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a good one. I understand why people like the NIV but I just have a love of the KJV that won't be denied. :-) By the way this reminded me of something...long ago I worked part-time in a Lifeway Christian Bookstore. Would you believe we had a problem with people stealing the Bibles?! I mean really, what in the world?!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kim,
    Stealing Bibles? That's terrible! I'd never imagine. Maybe on a dare?
    Thanks so much for "talking back".
    Blessings,
    I'll come for a visit.

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura