|Thank you FlyBy Promotions for this review copy.|
The Song of Solomon is a love story smack dab in the middle of the Bible. Kyle and Desirae use the scriptures extensively to parallel Solomon's story with the readers' own love story to revive things a bit between husband and wife in six key areas.
- Each week there is a different theme: Deepening Desire, Increasing Intimacy, Fighting Fair, Rediscovering Romance, Cultivating Commitment, and Fostering Faith.
- Each day there is an introductory story, scripture and application.
- There are discussion questions and some suggested activities.
- There's room to write in margins and on lined note-taking areas.
- Each day's reading is only two or three pages.
- It's intended to be used daily.
- Softcover, 86 pages
- The hardest part of all was making time to read the daily devotion and discuss it together. Our life is running too fast with too long hours right now until just before Christmas.
- We often didn't do it until late at night or were too tired.
- This is the point though. We need to take time to put into our relationship and talk about things. So we're going to keep on keeping on and finish the book.
- This is well-written and well thought out.
- The Idlemans bring the Bible to life with examples and questions that can help married couples to talk through some of the challenges in their relationships.
- We were drawn into the stories, but sometimes felt a little awkward with some of the discussions.
- Some to the questions have and will lead to some difficult but good talks.
- We plan to continue the readings even if they take us longer than the expected six weeks.
- We like it, but this is an exceedingly personal and private kind of book to review.
Inspired by the Song of Solomon, The Song is both a full-length movie and resource for churches to explore God’s plan for relationships, love and marriage.
About the author:
Kyle Idleman is the Teaching Pastor at Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky, the fourth-largest church in America. Author of the award-winning and bestselling book, not a fan., and presenter of eight of City on a Hill’s curriculum series, he regularly speaks at conferences and events around the world. Kyle and his wife DesiRae have four children.