Thursday, January 8, 2015

REVIEW: Jesus Boat DVD

Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.
Wow.  Jesus Boat Witness to Prophecy was an absolutely awesome movie.  I previewed the DVD documentary this evening with my Bible reading, history loving teenagers and my husband.  All want to watch it again.

This was a well organized historical documentary that was anything but dry and boring. The entire nation of Israel is a miracle. It is the only nation that was ever born in a day. Jesus Boat revealed prophecies from thousands of years ago from both the Old and New Testaments, including those of Jesus himself, and showed their fulfillment. That was so valuable to me.  Although I've read the Old and New Testaments repeatedly, I simply do not understand prophecy.

Jesus Boat Witness to Prophecy showed not only how the Jesus Boat was found in 1986 by fishermen, excavated, and preserved, but gave a super overview of the history of the area of Galilee in Israel that Jesus lived and preached in as well as a history of Jerusalem.

In our family, music often makes the movie.  The music that accompanied this movie set the mood and built interest and intensity at the appropriate times.  Well done.

I highly recommend this movie. This is the best documentary I've watched in ages. I think my children would agree. I've made them watch many documentaries over the years. They wanted to watch this one and want to watch it again. I invite you to watch the trailer, then read the press release below.


From the press release:

"Called a “holy grail of archeology”, the unlikely artifact mirrors the same journey of destruction and resurrection as the country in which it was found.   Sunk and left to rot at the bottom of the Sea of Galilee, astonishingly, the wooden ship survived decomposition in fresh water for almost twenty centuries.  Many scientists of the time felt that the bacteria in the lake would render such a discovery impossible, until four long years of drought exposed the ship to two simple fishermen who helped excavate what is now considered to be the oldest fresh water boat in history.   Less than four decades after Israel had again become a nation, the ship that had been destroyed in the same years Israel was destroyed, stunned the scientific community when it survived the excavation and actually rose to float once more on the Sea of Galilee towards its resting place at a museum built just a few hundred yards from where it had been found.  The Jesus Boat- Witness to Prophecy, produced by Edify Films and Jesus Boat Incorporated, features commentary from Franklin Graham, Joel Rosenberg, Jay Sekulow, Skip Heitzig, Chuck Smith, Ken Ortize and more.  
Synopsis: The astounding prophetic rebirth of Israel is told through the discovery of an ancient and unlikely artifact found under the shores of the Sea of Galilee. A first century fishing boat, identical to the boat Jesus sailed upon with his disciples, was destroyed in the years Israel was destroyed by the Romans, but found 2000 years later in a series of astonishing events that even scientists called a miracle. Mirroring Israel's own story of devastation and survival, the boat from the time of Jesus, would rise against all odds and float upon the Sea of Galilee once more as the oldest surviving freshwater boat in the world. Featuring commentary from some of the great theologians of our day including Franklin Graham, Joel Rosenberg, Jay Sekulow, Skip Heitzig, Chuck Smith and more."

www.JesusBoatMovie.com
Retails for $19.99
Both Christian Book Distributors and Amazon currently have it listed at a discount.

I received this DVD from Edify Media in exchange for an honest review.

Thursday
 Home and Garden Thursday I Choose Joy -  Imparting Grace - Hearts for Home Thursdays - All Things Thursday  Share Your Cup Thursday 

2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    Thank you so much for sharing about this DVD! I didn't realize there was such a documentary. I will definitely add it to my Wish List on Amazon.

    I trust you will have a very blessed day in the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I would really enjoy watching it. I have set a goal to read the New Testament this year. We are studying it in our Gospel Doctrine class.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura