Sunday, April 26, 2015

REVIEW: The Inn at Ocean's Edge

 Thank you LitFuse for this review copy.
The Inn at Ocean's Edge
I didn't want to do the dishes. I didn't want to go to bed. I didn't want to finish this story. This is an absolutely intense book. Three stories twist in and out of each other in deceit and tragedy. I enjoyed the intrigue that began at the very first page. There is a depth to the main characters that is sometimes surprising. There are hints throughout to "who dunnit" but I couldn't figure them out. So many people were hiding things, and there were so many things to hide! Somethings seemed unfathomable. A little honesty would have gone a long way to diffuse the entire situation! Of course, then we wouldn't have had a this delicious little tidbit of a book to read. ~smile~ I read this over just a few days. That only happens when the book really holds my attention. 

I liked Claire. I liked Luke. I liked most of the characters. I liked the surprise hero of the story. I liked this story. If you like suspense books, without too much crime detail, I think you will, too.  It was the quickest read I've had in ages. It was too good!
~~~~~
~~~~~
About:
Claire's visit to a luxury hotel in Maine awakens repressed memories, threatening all she holds dear.
In 1989, Claire Dellamare disappeared from her own fourth birthday party at the Hotel Tourmaline on the island of Folly Shoals, Maine. She showed up a year later at the same hotel, with a note pinned to her dress but no explanation. Nobody knows where Claire spent that year---and until now, Claire didn't even know she had ever been missing.
But when Claire returns to the Hotel Tourmaline for a business meeting with her CEO father, disturbing memories begin to surface . . . despite her parents' best efforts to keep them forgotten.
Luke Rocco lost his mother under equally mysterious circumstances---at the same time Claire disappeared. After a chance encounter reveals the unlikely link between them, Claire and Luke set out together to uncover the truth about what happened that fateful year.
With flashbacks swimming just beneath her consciousness and a murderer threatening her safety, Claire's very life depends on unscrambling her past . . . even if her family refuses to acknowledge it. Someone-maybe everyone-is hiding something from Claire Dellamare, and it will cost her everything to drag the truth out into the light.


USA Today bestselling author Colleen Coble has sold over 2 million novels worldwide. Her romantic suspense novels including Tidewater Inn, Rosemary Cottage, and the Mercy Falls, Lonestar, and Rock Harbor series. 
Author's website www.colleencoble.com 
Twitter:@colleencoble Facebook:colleencoblebooks





Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Friday Show and Tell Friday - Flaunt it Friday - Frugal Friday - Feathered Nest Friday - Home Sweet Home  Fridays Unfolded - Sweet & Simple Fridays I'm Lovin' It Party Good Morning Monday    Literacy Musing Monday

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful suggestions. I'm always on the look out for inspirational books I can read in my "spare" time. PS- Colleen Coble is from my hometown and is just as sweet as can be. She is very active in our little town and is a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura, thank you for the review, this sounds like quite an interesting book. We sound the same, if I have a good book that really holds my attention I get is read quickly with little other stuff done. Thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Rebecca. I wish I could meet Mrs. Coble. I've not read her other books, but this was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eewww! This one sounds really good! One to keep me on the edge of my seat! Thanks for a good review. I will check into this one. Visiting from Mary's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really edgy, Being Woven One!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love suspense and this book sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing on Literacy Musing Mondays. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm healing from breast cancer surgery on October 20th and dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura