Friday, May 29, 2015

Hillsong United's EMPIRES Album Review

Thank you FlyBy for this review copy.
Empires is a nice album. Hillsong United has a great reputation for their Christian worship music. This CD would be good to listen to during a commute in the car to help focus on God without being distracted. There was a nice mix of music on it. I have to admit, none of the songs really stood out to me, but I listened to it as background music. That's the way I use most music. Perhaps I need more repetition to fully appreciate the lyrics as well as the style.  I enjoyed it.

Amy, 13, "It's not as impressive as the other ones from them, but they do have a few good songs on there."

I had a hard time getting the volume right; it was hard to hear the vocals over the music sometimes, and it would get louder and softer.

About Hillsong United:
UNITED is committed to writing songs that speak truth, create a unique sound, connect with churches, individuals and ultimately connect people everywhere with God. UNITED serve in church as a part of the wider Hillsong Worship and Creative team when they are home. When on tour, they are accompanied by the whole Hillsong team’s support and prayers that their ministry would arrest hearts and point people to Jesus, impacting individuals, local youth groups and local churches.

Twitter: @HillsongUnited

Instagram: @HillsongUnited


Check them out on tour this summer: http://outcrytour.com/

Here’s a video of their performance on the TODAY show in case you missed it last month: https://vimeo.com/123986301

Official website: http://smarturl.it/Empires


"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review.   I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

Monday
Mom's the Word - Good Morning Monday - Modest Mondays -  The Art of Homemaking    -  A Mama's Story  - Soul Survival - Living Proverbs 31Mama Moments Monday -  Clever Chicks 
Tuesday
A Return to Loveliness - Roses of Inspiration - Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays - Titus 2 Tuesdays 
Friday
Frugal Friday - Feathered Nest Friday - Home Sweet Home - Fridays Unfolded - Sweet & Simple Fridays I'm Lovin' It Party

9 comments:

  1. I love their music and can't wait to see their movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the movie, Scrappy. Bet it will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy their music.
    3rd Day is my favorite group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3rd Day is my favorite, too, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love listening to their music and David Crowder as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is David Crowder the same David Crowder that we listed to in the '80's, Natalie?

    Blessings to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

    Laura Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Third Day and 33 Miles are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laura for sharing this review with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura