Thursday, May 28, 2015

VIRTUOUS with Eric Estrada {DVD Review}

Thank you Edify Media for this review copy.
I'm a firm believer in mercy, grace, and the power of forgiveness. I'm a firm believer in hope, faith, and second chances. I'm a firm believer in the saving grace and redemption available through Jesus Christ the Son of God. There's no bad that's too bad, no low that's too low, no sinner that's too sinful for Jesus to redeem.

That's exactly why God came to Earth in the form of a sinless man as the child born in the manger. He was the perfect sacrifice for every sinner ever born and every sin ever committed, past, present, or future. Your hope is in Jesus Christ. Ask Him today to save you. He's waiting.

VIRTUOUS is all about the changes that can happen in a person's life and how the past influences the future. The plot a little chaotic until you realize that all of the characters are going to come together in the story, and nearly all are facing a battle of their own. It is a story with many stories within. We're all facing troubles of our own. Finding the strength to go on, to make important decisions, to change is central to the plot. VIRTUOUS shows that while following the primary story of a young woman accused of murder not because of evidence but because of her past.

***Our thirteen year old didn't watch this with us. I think it's for older teens through adults because of references to adult themes and scenes. There is nothing that I found embarrassing; however, she is too young for it.***


“INSPIRING AND COMPELLING!”  -The Dove FoundationNE 2

“A GREAT FILM ABOUT DEALING WITH ADVERSITY AND OVERCOMING IT.”
-Governor Mike Huckabee

Synopsis:  When a young woman, Simone Burner (singer/songwriter, Brandy Allison), is accused of murdering the man who assaulted her, she seeks out the helps of attorney Jack Evans (Erik Estrada, TV’s CHiPs) to prove her innocence. A ruthless and corrupt prosecutor engages her in a trial that brings the past she’s longed to escape to the forefront of her defense. Virtuous will inspire and ignite you to live the principles of Proverbs 31 –faith, integrity, wisdom and honor.

Watch the trailer.

"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review.   I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."


Thursday  Think Tank Thursdays  - No Rules Weekend Blog Party -  Home and Garden Thursday - I Choose Joy -  All Things Thursday  Share Your Cup Thursday Thrifty Thursday - Imparting Grace Friday Fridays Unfolded - Sweet & Simple Fridays I'm Lovin' It Party 
Frugal Friday - Feathered Nest Friday - Home Sweet Home 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, thanks for stopping in at Cranberry Morning today! I appreciate this movie review. I wonder if Hollywood will ever catch on to the fact that most people in America appreciate this type of movie and it has a huge audience. But Hollywood continues to crank out such trash. Nice to hear of a movie like this. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Mrs. Cranberry!

    I fear that, if we are judged by other countries by the movies Hollywood makes, it's no wonder there is a skewed view of Americans.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtuous sounds like a great movie...will add that to the list! Thanks for sharing on Fridays Unfolded

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I am a true believer in all of those things as well. Thank goodness for the gift of repentance! I'm putting the movie on my list to watch. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can.

Right now, I'm dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Please understand if I don't answer. This is all new to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING FOR ME!!!
I treasure your prayers and your comments.

If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura